Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement Point u2013 Trouble creating & modifying - Asking me for an OSS key

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done the following to create/activate an explicit enhancement point, but the system has been giving me trouble.

What am I doing wrong?

1) Went into SE80 > entered my package (MGA) > Enhancements > Enhancement Spots

2) I then double click on the enhancement folder I want, and then on the specific enhancement.

3) At this point, SAP brings me to the program I selected & shows me the enhancement part of the code (usually at the end of the code)

4) I then click the Swirly u2018Enhanceu2019 button on the toolbar, then right click on the enhancement part of the code & select enhancements > create.

5) I create the enhancement implementation, and then a custom u2018zu2019 include to contain my code

6) I save and activate the include.

7) Now I close this sap session & open a new one.

😎 Go to se38, type in the program, then click on my include & go into change mode. At this point, the system asks me for an OSS key.

Why is this happening? I shouldnu2019t need an OSS key to work with enhancement u2013points.

What am I doing wrong?

Please help,

Thanks,

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

Once you enter into that include using SE38 again you need to press the swirl button and right click on the Enhancement >> Change. This way you will be allowed to edit.

Regards

Senthil.

24 REPLIES 24

Former Member
0 Kudos

> 😎 Go to se38, type in the program, then click on my include & go into change mode. At this point, the system asks me for an OSS key.

>

When you are in SE38 (in report) first click on 'enhance' (Shift + F4) button then double click on ur include. Try this!

--

Reddy

0 Kudos

Nope - Still asks me for an OSS key. I click on the enhance button, right click on my include > enhancements > change > then double-click on my include.

It ask for a OSS key, then when the dialog closes, it goes to my code but won't let me save it, only activate.

Edited by: John Damion on Jun 24, 2010 10:54 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

What happens if you go into SE38, enter the name of the include and change it directly?

When the OSS key pop-up opens, is the object that requires a key the include you have created?

Regards,

Nick

0 Kudos

If I go through SE38 and enter my include > change, it goes to the access key statement. Same thing happens.

I close the access key dialog & it goes into my code in change mode - only letting me activate but brings up the oss key screen again. On the bottom it says "Enhancement spot ES_LMGD1TOP could not be locked"

The object asking for an oss key is the enhnancement spot from SE80 (ES_LMGD1TOP).

0 Kudos

click on z enhancement its open in enhancement editor where you click on change button and edit your code.

0 Kudos

Not sure what you mean

0 Kudos

Bump - Can you even put the enhancement code into your own z... include?

0 Kudos

Again follow

1) Went into SE80 > entered my package (MGA) > Enhancements > Enhancement Spots

2) I then double click on the enhancement folder I want, and then on the specific enhancement.

3) At this point, SAP brings me to the program I selected & shows me the enhancement part of the code (usually at the end of the code)

4) I then click the Swirly u2018Enhanceu2019 button on the toolbar, then right click on the enhancement part of the code & select enhancements > Cahnge

try this now!

--

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

Once you enter into that include using SE38 again you need to press the swirl button and right click on the Enhancement >> Change. This way you will be allowed to edit.

Regards

Senthil.

former_member208581
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Source Code Plugins should not be changed in that way. Technically the created include will be a part of the standard object, therefore changes are only allowed in the 'enhance' mode. So go to your program, enable enhance than you can change the code. It's not possible to change the includes with the code only.

Regards,

Axel

0 Kudos

Hi Axel,

But the created include is a Z include assigned to a Z package. Therefore he should be able to directly edit the include in transaction SE38, oder?

I have worked in that way and been able to edit my include directly in SE38.

Regards,

Ana Luisa.

Edited by: Ana-Luisa Sixtos on Jun 24, 2010 12:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Only an idea:

Have you tried to adjust your enhancement spot? (Transaction SPAU_ENH --> select your enhancement spot --> click on "Start adjustment preparation" button). Perhaps there's a conflict in the source code plug-in.

Regards,

Ana Luisa.

0 Kudos

Thanks, but message "No Objects to Be Adjusted Exist" is display when hitting that button.

Correction: This is an z include in a standard package (MGA). Reread the 1st post for details.

0 Kudos

Oh!.... I see... then have you tried what Reddy suggested?

If it doesn't work then I think an option would be to reassign your Z include to a Z package.

0 Kudos

Thanks - have tried what Reddy suggested but that didn't make any difference.

Just now, I remembered that the z include is part of a z package. My mistake. When creating the z include, i did assign it to a custom package. However, the enhancement spot/point is in package MGA.

Not sure what else I can do. Maybe you can't put the code into z includes, but can only put it into the enhancement point section. However, I will have more than 2000 lines of code & its absurd to have it all right there. Or maybe the include needs to be created separately via se38, then just called from in this enhancement-point.

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but this is a big issue.

0 Kudos

Or I can just put my code into a custom function module and call it from inside the enhancement. Trickier to code but doable.

0 Kudos

Yes, you can put the code into Z includes.

Why don't you completely delete your Z include and the line in the enhancement point where you call it.

And then create it again (via SE38) and add again the line to call it in the enhancement point.

0 Kudos

Probably still remains!!!

0 Kudos

Then create your include with a different name!

0 Kudos

Forget it - It's not possible.

0 Kudos

?

Edited by: Ana-Luisa Sixtos on Jun 24, 2010 3:29 PM

0 Kudos

Try via SE19

0 Kudos

Try via SE19

0 Kudos

Nope - doesn't work.

I think these are the limitations of enhancement implementations & spots. Can't put your code in a z include, can only put it directly into the main enhancement program. Same goes with forms/performs (subroutines). Not possible here.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Marking as answered.