Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMPTY LINE IN MAIN WINDOW OF SMARTFORM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All!

I am designing a smartform in which i had included several windows.I have a query on the main window.

My main window is displaying several line items through table one by one.Now my requirement is to put one blank line in between every line item i.e. for every line item printed in the main window through a table I want a blank line in between.

Please suggest me how to achieve this..

Regards

Praneeth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

I will tell you one simple technique to display. You dont have to do anything in the smartform at all while displaying.

The value in the internal table will be obtained by some method in your <b>code</b>. So while adding a record or appending a record to your internal table just append an empty line to your internal table. So while displaying the smartform will display all the records in your internal table including the blank lines. Hope this solves your issue.

LOOP AT i_vbak.

MOVE i_vbak-vbeln TO i_output-vbeln.

APPEND i_output.

<b>APPEND INITIAL LINE TO i_output.</b>

CLEAR i_eanl.

ENDLOOP.

Reward if helpful.

Regards,

Tushar

Message was edited by: Tushar Marshall Dass

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have coded in this way to dsiplay some data :

PF &W_data&

PF

PF &W_data&

Coding this way will have a line between two lines provided tabs are defined for this paragraph format

Regards,

Varun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your table node I assume you are looping through a table into a work area and then you have text nodes to display the data in the work area.

Just add another text node with a new line and enter a return in the node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The simple way for this is copy the current row type of the main area into another row type and delete all the variables so that, new row type should be initial.

Now you have 2 row types one is to display the values and the other one is to display the blank line.

Hope this is helpful if yes dont forget to award some points.

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

I will tell you one simple technique to display. You dont have to do anything in the smartform at all while displaying.

The value in the internal table will be obtained by some method in your <b>code</b>. So while adding a record or appending a record to your internal table just append an empty line to your internal table. So while displaying the smartform will display all the records in your internal table including the blank lines. Hope this solves your issue.

LOOP AT i_vbak.

MOVE i_vbak-vbeln TO i_output-vbeln.

APPEND i_output.

<b>APPEND INITIAL LINE TO i_output.</b>

CLEAR i_eanl.

ENDLOOP.

Reward if helpful.

Regards,

Tushar

Message was edited by: Tushar Marshall Dass