Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EKGRP Domain customization

palash_mazumder
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ABAP Guru,

We have a requirement to customize EKGRP domain.Now the data is coming from T024 value table.Need to fetch data from custom table without change anything from domain level.

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Palash,

EKGRP is a standard Data-Element and in the domain level the value table is set as T024.

Could you please elaborate the requirement where you have no other option , other than changing a standard object.

Thanks !!

TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor

Hi Palash,

You can't do that without changing / repairing standard domain EKGRP and repairing domains that way strongly not recommended! It will hurt data integrity! If you want to see new Purchasing Groups in your domain, simply you need to add these new purchasing groups in SPRO for table T024.

palash_mazumder
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.The requirement is we will maintain a custom table.Which data will maintain in that custom table based on that table data will pick from T024 table.

former_member200754
Participant
0 Kudos

Just create Z table with field EKGRP type EKGRP, in tab entry help / check ( SE11) try to ref check table to T024 for require value then create table maintainace for your maintain purpose. not sure that is what you want ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Palash,

In that case, You can create a Z/Y Data-Element with a Z/Y Domain, where you can omit the value table T024. Hope this helps !

matt
Active Contributor

The business have a requirement - you are presenting a solution to that requirement. Your solution is a bad solution as it means changing a standard SAP domain. That could easily result in data corruption, for which you'd have to pay SAP $$$$$$$ to fix. You have a duty of care to your employer to tell them "this is a really really bad idea".

The business did not come to you and say "we need to fetch data from a custom table...". What is the actual business requirement you are trying to meet.

TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

Really great point! All point is "what is the actual business requirement", and mostly there will be multiple options for the requirement or the requirement doesn't make sense at all!

Jelena
Active Contributor

As several other SCN members already pointed out - what is the actual "need"? This seems like a rather dumb thing to do in SAP IMHO.

Just don't.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The OP's attention having finally be caught, I've re-opened this question for answers.

Apparently "...(the) user want see few number of purchasing group in ME21N/ME22N/ME23N tcode that is maintain in TO24 config table."

And the OP thinks: "That can only possible if we maintain a custom table and link this custom table with T024 table through some enhancement."

Jelena
Active Contributor

Based on Matthew's update in the comments: "...(the) user want see few number of purchasing group in ME21N/ME22N/ME23N tcode that is maintain in TO24 config table".

I'm assuming the problem is the list is too long and people want to see less entries? Well, in this case they should simply take advantage of the Personal List button available in the search help for this field:

It allows the users to save certain values in their own personal list and then use personal list instead of the whole long list. There is also a filter and some "Hold" button in the same toolbar, might be worth exploring.

And make sure to use memory ID EKG to set the user's default value in their profile.