Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efficiently find master object of sub object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using function module get_r3tr_object_from_limu_obj inside a loop to find master object of sub object in transport tables(E071,E071k.

But since there are over 2 lac's entries this is taking a lot of time.

Is there any other means to find the master object of a sub object.

LOOP AT lt_ls_subobjects into lw_ls_subobjects.

CALL FUNCTION 'GET_R3TR_OBJECT_FROM_LIMU_OBJ'

EXPORTING

P_LIMU_OBJTYPE       = lw_ls_subobjects-OBJECT

P_LIMU_OBJNAME       = lw_ls_subobjects-OBJ_NAME

IMPORTING

P_R3TR_OBJTYPE       = master_type

P_R3TR_OBJNAME       = master_name

EXCEPTIONS

NO_MAPPING           = 1

OTHERS               = 2

endloop.

2 REPLIES 2

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I doubt there's a code somewhere in basis optimized to get R3TR objects from LIMU.

One solution is to search in SolMan (especially the Custom Development Management Cockpit area) if there's a feature which does an analysis of objects in transport requests;if yes, it's maybe optimized, so you could debug it to get the right code.

Another solution is to see the code behind GET_R3TR_OBJECT_FROM_LIMU_OBJ, whether you may copy it to make your own code, and optimize the SELECT statements (those are probably the reason of bad performance, as usual; of course you'd better do a performance analysis on your current program, to make sure why the performance is so bad).

vonglan
Active Participant

I just noticed that for a DTED, function GET_R3TR_OBJECT_FROM_LIMU_OBJ returns its DEVC. Not what I would expect ...

TR_CHECK_TYPE works correctly for this case (use wi_e071 and we_tadir).

Or manually map from DTED to DTEL (keeping the name).