Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eclipse secure connection to SAP

igor_simonovic
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello, when we are coding in Eclipse , how can we make sure that connection to SAP client (where the code resides...7.4 release in my case) is secure? Is it encrypted by default? Can we set up in Eclipse for example to use only HTTPS connection to SAP? I have Eclipse version 2019-12 and when I was trying to check only HTTPS option in Preferences/Network settings/manual...then it was not possible. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ysoethoff
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Igor,

for existing projects you can check the settings with the properties menu (right click on the project). There you should be able to find the 'ABAP Development' section where you can see the used configuration (SNC enabled / disabled and also the level of protection). For new projects you can see it while creating a new project in the project wizard. The default values are fetched by the SAPLandscape.xml or, if it's a complete new system configuration, are set to SNC enabled and Highest available security level.

Thanks and kind regards, Yannic

4 REPLIES 4

ysoethoff
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Igor,

thanks for your question. Except for SAP Cloud Platform ABAP Environment, ADT and the SAP backend are communicating with the RFC protocol. That means, to ensure an encrypted communication you need to use SNC, that can be enabled / disabled while creating a new ABAP Project. For new system connections, SNC is enabled by default. Predefined system connections take over the defined value in the SAPLandscape.xml.

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

0 Kudos

Hello Yannic, thanks. How I could verify (as an ABAP programmer) that SNC is enabled (and with what level of protection -

authentication/integrity/privacy in my case? Can I see it when I am in Eclipse or when I look to SAPUILandscape.xml or

I need to open some transaction in SAP (RZ10 ? ) and check it there...?

ysoethoff
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Igor,

for existing projects you can check the settings with the properties menu (right click on the project). There you should be able to find the 'ABAP Development' section where you can see the used configuration (SNC enabled / disabled and also the level of protection). For new projects you can see it while creating a new project in the project wizard. The default values are fetched by the SAPLandscape.xml or, if it's a complete new system configuration, are set to SNC enabled and Highest available security level.

igor_simonovic
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Yannic, thanks for your explanation.