Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does 'SAP_CONVERT_TO_TEX_FORMAT' kill your pc too?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am running SAP_CONVERT_TO_TEX_FORMAT pushing about 35,000 rows thru to pipe-delimit them.

Every time I run it, it gets about 26,000 rows thru and either locks up, abends, or throws my PC into a re-boot.

If I run with a few hundred rows it runs ok.

I have a pretty good pc...2G memory. Have a few other apps open, but nothing very big.

Is this Function call a notorious hog? I have tried freeing up a few other internal tables that I no longer need, and that helps a little, but nothing will get me over the hump to process all of the rows. And 35,000 doesn't seem like a whole heck of a lot.

Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have any suggestions that I might try?

Thanks alot for you help!

Andy

Edited by: Andrew Brusko on Jul 7, 2010 8:12 PM

4 REPLIES 4

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Search, anyone?

There is number of tools you can use to monitor performance. Also there is a separate forum for performance related questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks...I'll post the question there.

gyula_olh
Explorer
0 Kudos

SY-BATCH must be set to true (before calling FM) otherwise the FM will update the progress indicator which is causing program aborts in Netweaver Business Client

gyula_olh
Explorer
0 Kudos

or use OSS note 2418726