Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Archive for Customised Table

former_member196157
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My requirement is to archive data to ADK file according to date selection and retention time is 6 years. ALV report should fetch data from Ztable and also from archived file as per date selection. I have created one Archive Object.

I have some questions:

1. what are the actual steps and prerequisite to archive data for customized table?

2. how to create content repository for data archive?

3. For write and delete program which function modules are to be used? 

4. Do i need to create new Logical file or I can use standard file ARCHIVE_DATA_FILE.

regards,

Mahadeo

6 REPLIES 6

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Start reading Archiving with Archive Development Kit (ADK) and then Archive Development Kit

(Also use search tool on wiki, blogs and other cooperative documents at scn.sap.com)

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Dear Raymond,

I went through the document, It is really valuable.

While creating archive object what will happen if i do not mention table name in table from which you want to delete entries?

Private_Member_5521
Participant
0 Kudos

First

I strongly recommend you take a look at the BC_SFLIGHT archiving object, it is the DEMO object provided with a fresh installation.

Second, you will need to create some basic definitions as to which field of the tables that are going to be archived will serve as "retention" parameters (you mention 6 years, but you will need to identify the field that will serve that criteria), if there are any related tables (header + item), and if you wish to filter by types/class/mode or any other attribute.

Having a clear idea of the above, then using transaction AOBJ you will be able to create the full set of rules, tables, programs, info-structures and file paths that will be required within the criteria defined for your Z object.

Be aware that info-structures need to be activated manually at some point, so try to review each configuration step on your entire landscape to ensure every object is active and working properly.

Regards

AJ

0 Kudos

Dear Alejnadro,

I am able to archive my data now. Is it necessary to create content repository for archival of data?

When I am trying to read data through SARI t-code I am getting error as 'no active info structure exists for archiving object'. what does this mean?

Even my client wants to display archived data in ALV report? To read data I need to use OPEN,READ and Close DATASET? or any other than this?

Regards,

Mahadeo.

0 Kudos

Mahadeo, it is necessary if you wish to create reports out of the archived data, if you used the ADK properly, the framework is provided in its entirety to read-write-delete-retrieve  archived data.

Since you mention your customer wishes to see the archived data in ALV, you will soon learn that compressed files (created by the Archiving ABAP framework) are not plain text files that can be easily handled using DATASETs..

At this point i strongly recommend you read more information about the ADK and how archiving works.

0 Kudos

Dear Alejandro,

Thank You!

I am able to display ALV report for archived data, but my problem is if user wants to search data in this format 'abcd*', is it possible to fetch record from file containing ABCD.

I am not getting what to pass in where condition for this case. 

Regards,

Mahadeo.