Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer-function for Idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I am new to customer-exits and idocs, and have been given a task to generate all fields in the idoc every time a field is changed in jp28. For instance if the field "Title" (technical name: ISMTITLE) is changed, the function "MASTERIDOC_CREATE_MATMAS" sends the message type "E1MARAM", which I can use in the customer-exit together with the idoc data to check what was changed, and add fields to the idoc... What I want to do, is to generate all fields when any field is changed...does anybody know how to do this? I suspect that this is to do with the change-pointer, but I don't know how or where to change the settings for this? can anybody please help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Baljinder,

Please go to transaction code BD52. You can select fields to be change pointer enabled for master data message types such as MATMAS, CREMAS,etc. Any changes take place for these fields, change pointer entries will be created in tables BDCP/BDCPS. When IDOCs creation jobs run later, these Master data records will be created as IDOCs.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

3 REPLIES 3

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Baljinder,

Please go to transaction code BD52. You can select fields to be change pointer enabled for master data message types such as MATMAS, CREMAS,etc. Any changes take place for these fields, change pointer entries will be created in tables BDCP/BDCPS. When IDOCs creation jobs run later, these Master data records will be created as IDOCs.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

Former Member
0 Kudos

But this will still only result in that the changed segment and it's data will be sent through the function masteridoc_create_mata. What I want is ALL segments to be sent through...

0 Kudos

Only the changes will be transferd through the segments not all.

If u wnat to send full idoc, use the tcode POIM