Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Sales Areas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am migrating some Sales Areas data from other database to SAP and wonder how I can create sales areas such as Sales Organizations, distribution channels, and sales division. I would appreciate if anyone can tell me how I can programmatically create sales areas or the transaction codes I should use to do so.

Sunny

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is an IMG function, so it may be pretty tough to do programatically. Use transaction SPRO, and select Sales and Distribution.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to spro, select enterprise structure, assignment, sales & distribution, setup sales area.

chandu

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Run the Transaction OVH3.

regards

vijay

0 Kudos

Hi Sunny!

With a simple copy of a sales organization, you will get new entries in several dozen (maybe more than 100) customizing tables.

It is a critical decision, from which 'original' the new entry is created - or if a creation without reference should be done. But then really a lot has to be maintained additionally.

It's not necessary the sales organization, which triggers the whole copy, some of the settings will only be added on sales area levels.

Regards,

Christian