Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating action log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have custom transaction code and we want to create button which will give the action log like standard transactions.

I have a plan to put a field like timestamp for the tables and wanted to show in sequence.

Is there any other way to do this requirement? Any thought?

Regards,

Jeetu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What does your custom transaction do? How are your messages to be inked to an object? I would use the application log with a custom object for this (see txn SLG0). There are multiple functions provided for writing objects/messages and reading logs. You simply need to link your transaction 'object' to a log header. There no need to timestamp messages and try to sequence them in a custom table.

1 REPLY 1

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What does your custom transaction do? How are your messages to be inked to an object? I would use the application log with a custom object for this (see txn SLG0). There are multiple functions provided for writing objects/messages and reading logs. You simply need to link your transaction 'object' to a log header. There no need to timestamp messages and try to sequence them in a custom table.