Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can anyone tell me steps to be taken while modifying a function module exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have to make little changes to function module exits in a project .

what are the necessary steps i need to take make the changes and make them work.

Thanks,

Venkat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ramana,

You find for the enhancement of that exit in MODSAP table giving the exit name in the member field . Taking the enhancement goto MODACT table and find for the project giving the enhancement in the member field. Taking the project goto CMOD transction and activate the project to make the changes applied. If there is no project existing against that enhancement create a new project assigning enhancement to it.

Regards,

Santosh

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Create a project in CMOD

2. Assign the exit definition name (From SMOD)

3. Select the function module you would like to implement from the components screen

4. Double click on the include name within the function module, create the include if not already created

5. Add your code to the include program

6. Save and activate your code

7. Save and activate your CMOD Project

Best Regards,

Chris H.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ramana,

You find for the enhancement of that exit in MODSAP table giving the exit name in the member field . Taking the enhancement goto MODACT table and find for the project giving the enhancement in the member field. Taking the project goto CMOD transction and activate the project to make the changes applied. If there is no project existing against that enhancement create a new project assigning enhancement to it.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

IM SORRY I DID NOT MENTION THAT I ALREADY HAVE A PROJECT AND SOME INCLUDES IN THEM. SO WHAT DO THE STEPS I NEED TO TAKE

FROM MODIFYING TO ACTIVATING THE PROJECT.

0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

Hope that project includes the function exits in some enhancement. So just save and activate the project.

Reward if it helps,

Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos

If the project is already active, then you just need to add/change your code in the include programs.