Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CALL TRANSACTION in Update Function module

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all

AFIK, it is not possible to trigger a CALL TRANSACTION for BDC update in an update function module. Yet, i jus wanna to confirm it with the xperts. what are other options for posting a BDC data in an update function module?

thkx

Prabhu

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess, we can not use CALL TRANSACTION in an UPDATE FM......just try with the addition of DESTINATION 'NONE'

thanq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this..

Create a new RFC function module and in the function module do all the coding for the BDC and CALL TRANSACTION..

Inside the update module call the RFC function module IN BACKGROUND TASK.

I believe this should work..

Thanks

Naren

0 Kudos

same problem faced & solved. Lot of thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i guess, if the above (BACKGROUND) does not works, its worth trying with NEW TASK too.

thanq

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello guys,

yes i had the same thought of using f/n triggered in backgrd. working on it and keep you posted.

thkx for sharing your thoughts on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

can you tell me why we cannot Call transaction for BDC in Update Type Function module??

Also when we use Update Type Function modules?? Any specific scenarios you came across??

Regards,

Mayank

0 Kudos

CAll trx, for instance for VA02, does a commit stmt after completing the update which is not supported in UPDATE F/N call. u can try tht. u will get a update terminate error