Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC -

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message appears when I run a BDC session:

"Function code cannot be selected"

SDN says this will happen now and again in a BDC.

But am I missing a trick?

- Created report that calls Function Module that calls BDC - works

- Created report that creates pricing conditions, commits work and waits then calls function Module that calls BDC - does not work

This is all in the area of saving market plans in CRM if anybody has any experience in this area

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

VXLozano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First, how do you call your transaction? Which parameters? How do you control the system messages?

Second, how do you know it doesn't work? Are you receiving a dump? Error messages? The data is not updated?

Please, elaborate a bit more your question to get a more appropiate answer.

-

If the data is not being updated, maybe you are skipping a return message that could give you a useful hint about the process. Try to execute it visually (mode = 'V' or the appropiate parameter) and check it again.

No more help can be provided if no more information reaches us... I never faced your trouble, gladly...

-

Did you checked the commit really has been done? I mean, maybe your commit and wait have returned, but the tables are missing the information. Maybe you can (as a test) check the existance of the information inserted in the step previous to the commit (a SELECT SINGLE would do the work).

Good luck.

3 REPLIES 3

VXLozano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First, how do you call your transaction? Which parameters? How do you control the system messages?

Second, how do you know it doesn't work? Are you receiving a dump? Error messages? The data is not updated?

Please, elaborate a bit more your question to get a more appropiate answer.

-

If the data is not being updated, maybe you are skipping a return message that could give you a useful hint about the process. Try to execute it visually (mode = 'V' or the appropiate parameter) and check it again.

No more help can be provided if no more information reaches us... I never faced your trouble, gladly...

-

Did you checked the commit really has been done? I mean, maybe your commit and wait have returned, but the tables are missing the information. Maybe you can (as a test) check the existance of the information inserted in the step previous to the commit (a SELECT SINGLE would do the work).

Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The reason can be wrong Function code Value , Say for Button wrong value.

I suppose you are running BDC session method. So In Incorrect tab of prrocessing check the status log.

Then on message double Click Till it takes you to the Transaction being processed.

There it will mark '?' in field which you would be missing somewhere.

Reward if useful!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using a function module to call transaction using bdcdata

Ran this in screen mode and saw that transaction was locked.

(The transaction is a trade promotion on CRM - CRM_MKTPL)

So the question now is. I have written a report to open the transaction, create pricing conditions, commit work and wait, then run a BDC to re-open the transaction.

But how come when I've openeing the transaciton to create my pricing conditions and commited work and waited ... why has the transaction not closed.