Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Job Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a BDC Session created for sales order change delivery, PGI. It works good in fore ground. When I create a batch job for this report it is running into errors. Is there any change that I need to do in the BDC Sessions. Please Help me

Thanks

Viky

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Ensure that you are not using the function modules like GUI_DOWNLOAD and GUI_UPLOAD

if you use these fun modules it wont' work in Batch job/background

have to run in foreground only

Reward points if useful

Regards

Anji

0 Kudos

Thanks Vangala,

These aren't there in the repert..It gives me field errors when run background but when I run it fore ground it runs good.

Thanks

Viky

0 Kudos

Hi!

Sometimes it occurs with BDC, when a warning message appears on the screen.

In foreground you simple press and enter, but in background it is going to stop.

You might try to enter into your code enter ok-codes (OK-CODE '/00'), on the dynpro there is a warning.

Regards

Tamá

0 Kudos

Hi

what's the exact error you are getting? and with respect to what field?

Regards

Anji

0 Kudos

The Exact Error when in Batch job run mode is

<b><u>Field RV45A-KWMENG 1 (4) 2 does not exist in the screen SAPMV45A 3 &4 4001 </u></b>.When Foreground it runs fine..

Thanks

Viky

0 Kudos

Does anyone have an idea on this..

Thanks

Viky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try to execute the batch with mode ´N´, in background and check the log you get in the spool.

Remember that the file you upoload should be on the server before runing the batch, so you can upload the file correctly. Background jobs cant upload files from the frontend (your pc).

Cheers,

Gabriel