Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BADI FOR ADDING A FIELD TO VA02

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please to me, I want to add a field to va02; how to update that field do I have to use a Ztable to maintain that field or can I add that field to some standard table related to VA02.

Help to me if you provide the code for this and step by step procedure to add the field, and also where to update the value of that field do I need to use a z table for it us add that field to standard table.

Tanks

margani

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Margani,

Check out the thread

It might be helpful.

Regards,

Chandru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found something similar.hope it helps.

lets say u have to add fields to standard table EKPO.

U can add a customer field in a standard table only for those standard table which has given the provision for adding fields .

Go to se11 and check out the table. there u will have CI_EKPODB . "CI " stands for custom include.

i u can add my field.

Read the following----

To add the customer field :

Go to SE11 --> EKPO -->Display --> then doube click the data element "CI_EKPODB"... it will ask whether u want to create a field ...press YES and then continue with adding the field.. "ZZPAYMENT" in that ...

Creating the field in the table:

Give the name of the componenet "ZZPAYMENT" and the related data element (if the field "ZZPAYMENT" is of type CHAR give the data element as "CHAR" and give the needed length of the field say (15)...... then save and activate ur table........ it will show some warnings .... (ignore that) now ur table with the customer field will be ready

Hope this helps u out.

regards,

Hari Kiran