Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AiE: Can't find feature "inherited members" of a class.

stefan_schmcker
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good evening,

when looking into a class in the classic SE24, I can see all methods/attributes/events of a class. No matter if these are inherited from a superclass, implementations for an interface or just new members.

I have looked into various views in AiE now ( Project Explorer Outline, ABAP Type Hierarchy) - and can't seem to find this information.

In Java this is located in the (Java)Type Hierarchy - see attached picture

An example of what I try to see would be the method "SET_FOCUS" of the class cl_gui_alv_grid which is defined in cl_gui_control which is the superclass of the superclass of cl_gui_alv_grid.

Please give me a hint where to find this in AiE.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DirkAltmann
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

if you use the quick outline view (CRTL+O or the context menu) and press then again CRTL+O (you can toggle between with and without inherited members) you will also see the inherited members of the class.

Regards,

Dirk

4 REPLIES 4

DirkAltmann
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

if you use the quick outline view (CRTL+O or the context menu) and press then again CRTL+O (you can toggle between with and without inherited members) you will also see the inherited members of the class.

Regards,

Dirk

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi: Stefan, Dirk.

we also have a Type Hierarchy for ABAP classes which currently displays only the hierarchy but not the members. For me that sounds like a reasonable enhancement to our view also. Hope we can reuse the parts we already have in the Quick Outline.

Regards,

Thomas.

0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

the whishing well has been opened?

If you think of extending the ABAP Type Hierarchy please consider adding the descriptions of each object in the list because the membernames are sometimes not quite as informative as they could be.

By the way - the descriptions would also be a nice addtion to the Project explorer and the outline view

stefan_schmcker
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Dirk,

it never occurred to me that that view would show additional info.