Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Search Help in Data Dictionary (EQUI)

former_member204457
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I searched the forum and I didn't find an answer to this specific question. I'm not an ABAPer but I need to know this before I approach one to look into this issue.

Our users facing some problems when searching for equipment using manufacturer (HERST) or model number (TYPBZ) because these fields are case sensitive therefore they need to search by exact case (upper vs. lower) which becomes problematic for them.

One suggestion that I heard was to add search help that will ignore text case and produces output based on the input regardless of upper or lower case.

For these fields currently there is no search help being maintained in the data dictionary. In order for us to add the search do we need to ask SAP for a key to change the object? If so does this considered a modification?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cyrus,

you don't need to modify .

The main search help for equi is 'Equi'.

To that you can define an append search help - named  z.....

In that append search help you can define your customer spezific search helps (may be more than one).

In this special case is guess, you will have to define a search help via search help exit - means that the search help works via function . Something like the EQUI_TREX- search helps.

Regards Wolfgang

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cyrus,

you don't need to modify .

The main search help for equi is 'Equi'.

To that you can define an append search help - named  z.....

In that append search help you can define your customer spezific search helps (may be more than one).

In this special case is guess, you will have to define a search help via search help exit - means that the search help works via function . Something like the EQUI_TREX- search helps.

Regards Wolfgang

0 Kudos

did it work?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you found any solution? I have the same issue with field typbz.