Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accelerator keys for push buttons

Panneer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone know how can I define accelerator keys for push buttons. with ALT+underlined char. can I directly execute the button? If yes, how can we do that?

Regards,

Panneer

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I know, GUI XT could be used to change the screen style. The pushbutton command could be used to add pushbutton.

But after checking the material, I found it could only use SAP predefined accelerator keys which is in the PF-STATUS.

FYI:

Pushbutton

Purpose With Pushbutton you can create your own pushbuttons within an R/3 screen or within the toolbar. You can make both the menu functions and the navigation to other transactions directly accessible with your own pushbuttons.

Example

Pushbutton (10,50) "Split Screen Editor" "SCMP"

You create a pushbutton at row 10, column 50 with text Split Screen Editor. Clicking on the button invokes the internal code SCMP which then starts the Split Screen Editor.

Internal codes How do I find the internal codes?

Choose the desired function in the transaction menu and press F1 while the mouse cursor points to this function. Now the R/3 system displays the internal function code in a pop-up window

Format Pushbutton (row,column) "Pushbutton text" "FCode" Process="..."

Adds a pushbutton on position (row,column). The pushbutton invokes the internal code FCode. This can be a code from the menu, e.g. SCMP, or a transaction code like /NFB01 or /OMM02.

Process="..." relates to the InputScript file. You can omit the "fcode" parameter if only "Enter" is needed in order to continue with the transaction.

Pushbutton (Toolbar) "Pushbutton text" "FCode"

Adds a pushbutton in the application toolbar. A free function key is assigned automatically and displayed in the quickinfo.

*Pushbutton (Toolbar) "Pushbutton text" "FCode" "Fkey"*

*Optionally you can specify a function key of your choice as an additional parameter Fkey using the format F1,..F12, ShiftF1,...,ShiftF12, CtrlF1,...,CtrlF12, ShiftCtrlF1,...,ShiftCtrlF12. If this function key is already in use the system chooses the next available number.*

*example: Shift+F5 -> F17, F3 -> F3*

Cheers