Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP: Export Structure but not table structure.

aneel_munawar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I want to export structures of data dictionary to text or excel file. How  can I do this. ?

I have searched help but no solution found. Please  remember that I am talking about structure but not table structure.

I mean I want to export the all columns with data types and length into text file. or excel file.

Regards,

Aneel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use FM DD_NAMETAB_TO_DDFIELDS. Download the output to file.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use FM DD_NAMETAB_TO_DDFIELDS. Download the output to file.

0 Kudos

Please use function module DD_NAMETAB_TO_DDFIELDS to get structure.

former_member210770
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aneel,

Please follow below Steps.

1) Se11 -> Viewname -> Display -> Right Click on Fields -> Hierarchy Display

2)  It will open 1 new Session -> Click on Print Dropdown and select Print Preview of View

3) Now Click on System -> List -. Save -> Local File -> Unconverted -> Select File with Extension .txt

-> Click on generate .

You will get your Work Done. Please let me know weather it is useful or not.

Regards,

Sagar

0 Kudos

There is  no print drop down option I  am seeing . Please  send the image if you can.?

0 Kudos

Hi Aneel,

Regards,

Sagar

0 Kudos

Hi Aneel,

It will be good if you can close the thread ,so other peoples who will face the same difficulties can refer this thread and it will be more helpful for them.

Also if got the solution other than mentioned here, so please share with us. It might be helpful for all.

Regards,

Sagar

0 Kudos

Dear Sagar,

There is no such option. Please see attached image. May be this is the version issue.

But many thanks for help.SRTT_GET_REMOTE_TABLE_DEF and DD_NAMETAB_TO_DDFIELDS solved my problem.

Regards,

Aneel

Lakshmant1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

You can try using FM SRTT_GET_REMOTE_TABLE_DEF. Hope this will help.

Regards

Lakshman

aneel_munawar
Participant
0 Kudos

Closed.