Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Code Version specific lines

0 Kudos

Dear community,

i have a question regarding the code versioning in Abap (Eclipse or GUI i dont care).

Is it possible to see the code versions only for a few lines in a Class or Report?

E.g. i want to know, who inserted the current if statement. At the moment i have to go throught all versions until i find the one, which inserted it.

It would save a lot of time to specify the relevant lines where i want to see the changes.

Would help me a lot.
Thanks

Julian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SugguSandeep
Contributor

HI jules1337

Connect ABAP ADT Eclipse Or VS Code with GitHub Repository show that it will be very helpful where the code change are made..

Coming To SAP GUI

Use Version Management, in SE38,

enter the program name, click utilities, versions, version management.

You can compare different versions of the program.

https://sapbasisdurgaprasad.blogspot.com/2015/06/how-to-identify-whether-abap-program.html

The changes made in the ABAP debugger will be recorded in SYSLOG.

To see the system log, go to t-code SM21. Press “Reread system log” to display the system log.

You can enter the User if you want to track the changes made by a particular user.

You Can Check In TCODE SE09 according to the USER

I hope it might helps you.

Thank You,

Suggu Sandeep.

3 REPLIES 3

SugguSandeep
Contributor

HI jules1337

Connect ABAP ADT Eclipse Or VS Code with GitHub Repository show that it will be very helpful where the code change are made..

Coming To SAP GUI

Use Version Management, in SE38,

enter the program name, click utilities, versions, version management.

You can compare different versions of the program.

https://sapbasisdurgaprasad.blogspot.com/2015/06/how-to-identify-whether-abap-program.html

The changes made in the ABAP debugger will be recorded in SYSLOG.

To see the system log, go to t-code SM21. Press “Reread system log” to display the system log.

You can enter the User if you want to track the changes made by a particular user.

You Can Check In TCODE SE09 according to the USER

I hope it might helps you.

Thank You,

Suggu Sandeep.

Hello sandeepsuggu ,

thx for your answer. I know the version Management in general. What i wanted to know:

Is it possible to get only the changes made at LoC 14-18 e.g. Cause often i dont need the changes of the whole program/class.

E.g. if i wanted to know who inserted an if Statement in LoC 20 i go to the versions and the get the last one, check if the IF is there. If not then version before and so on.

It would be much easier for me to get only the changes made at specific lines of code

Hope it was explained understandable 🙂

Best regards

Julian

0 Kudos

Hi jules1337,

After a long time, I came across similar question like you asked in November,

Once have a look: https://answers.sap.com/answers/13803942/view.html

Thank You,

Suggu Sandeep.