cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip Payload using PayloadZipBean Module Processor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using AF_Modules/PayloadZipBean in module processor of Receiver SOAP adapter to compress/zip the message payload. I've used the following module key parameters :

Parameter Name Parameter Value

zip.Mode zipAll

zip.filenameKey contentType

In the adapter engine monitoring from RWB I can see the following warning message :

Warning Zip: message is empty or has no payload

But I can see the msg payload from the RWB message monitor as expected.

Can anyone please throw any light on this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Dipankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you want to use that module in a SOAP receiver channel?

Stefan

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

First of all I must say your blog [Zip or Unzip your Payload with the new PayloadZipBean module of the XI Adapter Framework|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/5899] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; is really helpful and I come to know from there only that it is possible to zip the payload using the standard module processor.

The requirement is - the receiver shall receive a message from PI using SOAP adapter with the payload zipped and the message having digital signature. It'll be really appreciated if you can help us how to achieve this scenario. Currently I'm trying to use the PayloadZipBean module processor with the required module keys, but getting the warning message as I mentioned in my previous post.

Thanks,

Dipankar

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you zip the message, then it is no longer a SOAP message.

Are you sure, that the receiver wants a zipped message?

Or does he want the transfer-encoding gzip ?

Regards

Stefan

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Can you please explain what you meant by transfer-encoding gzip?

Actually the requirement is to receive xml message in compressed zipped format along with digital signature. As I understand using the ModuleProcessor which you mentioned in your blog I can send zipped message (using File Adapter I've actually achieved the result as mentioned in your blog. So thanks a lot for that!). But in file adapter I can't use digital signature. So how to satisfy both the requirements using a single adapter (and maybe using some module processors over it)?

Thanks for your help!

Dipankar

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you just want to send a zip file to a URL (without XML message) you can set parameter "Do Not Use SOAP Envelope".

That should work.

Regards

Stefan

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stefan,

It seems to me that in either option with zip or without zip and using the "do not use soap envelope" he is no longer in soap land, So now my question here would be would it be possible to zip ONLY the payload of the message and transfer it as bytes..while in the soap Realm...

Do let us know...

Regards

Ravi Raman

Answers (0)