cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero values not showing in line charts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I recently upgraded my Dashboard Design and have one of the latest service packs installed SP06. V6.0.5.0.

I opened up a visual I built in a previous version of Dashboard Design and now the line charts are not displaying 0 values, making my line charts look odd.

I am pasting two images below to illustrate the issue. One for before and for after. I've reduced the number of lines to make it clearer.

Before:

After:

If anybody else has experienced this issue or can suggest a workaround or fix that would be great.

I've tried searching through the threads but couldn't find any other thread with this issue.

Many thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Your images are not showing up in the thread. can you please post the images again.

Did you enable series marker with decent size to show up Zero values on the chart? What is the data source and connections of dashboard

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mallik,

Hmmm, apologies for the images. No worries I spent a fair amount of time playing around with it and managed to get to the bottom of the issue.

In File --> Document Properties, there is a new option which says Spreadsheet.

Under that section there's an option (which is ticked by Default apparently) which says "Treat zero as blank cell". So obviously it then treats valid zeroes as blanks and therefore was causing them to not show in my line chart.

When unticked, zeroes display as one would expect in the charts.

Took ages as intuitively this option would be within the properties of the chart objects.

Hope this helps others who upgrade versions...

Answers (0)