Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero value not shown in InfoChart DS 1.6

dohaidang_le
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

we are having a problem with the display of zero value in InfoChart, the value is not shown in the chart at all. For Colum or Bar Chart, the problem is unrecognisable, because a column or bar with zero value is invisible anyway.  However, when we turn the chart to a line chart, the non-display of the zero causes a gap in the line. In the attached image, you can notice it on the green line.

My question is, is this an intended feature or is this a bug? If so, how can I remove it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dohaidang_le
Participant
0 Kudos

We have just updated to 1.6 SP1 P2 and the problem disappeared. Thank you all for the replies.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Le,

The gap in the chart might be because of the null value or error value coming from the back-end.

Try appending zero in the back-end.

Thanks,

Guru Saran

dohaidang_le
Participant
0 Kudos

I have simply imported a table to HANA, put an Open ODS View on it and a BEx Query on the Open ODS View. In BEx Analyzer, the value 0 is still displayed. I have even gone so far as creating a calculated measure in BEx Query Designer, which gets the original value + 0. But it was still no luck. Whereever the infochart reveices the value 0, it still causes a gap.

Even data that come from BW InfoCubes or Advanced DSO also get this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check the "Display zero As" option it should be "default"

if the above option is checked and if the issue still exists,  please map the data source to a crosstab and see if there is an empty cell or zero.

dohaidang_le
Participant
0 Kudos

The zero is displayed as "default". The crosstab shows value 0 as required. However, the info chart still doesnt show any 0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The design studio version I am using is: Release 1.6 SP1 Patch 1 (Version: 16.1.1) The Infochart is working as expected in this version.

green line - Electronics

Blue line - Formula 1

where Formula 1 = Electronics + 0

I get zero value if the data getting from back-end is zero and if the data cell is empty I dont see line in the chart.

Update the DS version and check.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First question is are you using the latest SP for Design Studio 1.6?

There are several notes regarding InfoCharts - below is an example https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2289301/E

dohaidang_le
Participant
0 Kudos

We have 16.0.5. The note you sent does not apply to my case, since the problem occurs even in a blank dashboard, with only 1 datasource and 1 infochart. However, upgrading to a higher SP and Patch is a good idea. Imma give it a try and give you a feedback.