cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Form - First Item Display Differently

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to have an xml form, and have the first item in the list view display differently?

We want to build a news section, but have the first (latest) news item display in full, and all the older news items display as a link.

If anyone has done anything similar, I would appreciate knowing how you did this (hopefully a simple method that doesn't require any development work )

Thanks

Regards

Richard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andreas_heix
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

the only idea I have is to implement your own "ICollectionRenderer" - it isn't that difficult...

You can use the two standard resource renderer from SAP, the "XMLResourceRenderer" and the "ResourceRenderer" to render the first item differently from the other ones. Simply iterate through the items of the current folder, take the "XMLResourceRenderer" for the first item and the other renderer for all others. This should do the job, if you only need the title of the other news and not a picture or so.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your response. That sounds like it will sort out my problem - I'll just have to read a bit more about how to implement my own ICollectionRenderer.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Regards

Richard

Answers (0)