cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML FB data stored in XML format?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created an XML FB project and the project is stored in /etc/xmlforms. The data is stored in /documents/mynews folder. Although the file type is .xml but its basically an HTML file.

When we edit a form and save the content doesn't it save in a standard XML format?

Do we know where the actual data in XML format is stored?

Regards,

Tridib

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tridib,

On editing a form and saving it, the actual .xml file is replaced by the new one.

Can you reframe your question, to make it clear.

Regards,

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know the data is stored in the folder /documents/mynews. Open any content and check the 'view source'. You'll know its NOT a XML file

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess the confusion is caused by the fact that XML Forms uses a content filter, converting from XML to HTML. Thus the content is stored as XML, but opening it in a browser returns HTML.

Hope this helps,

Julian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

Thanks a lot for bringing the desired information. Do we also know that before applying this content filteration where the xml data file is stored. We are in the process of importing our legacy document management system into KM. We would like to restrcutre the legacy data into the exact xml format of the KM XML FB project data and we need to know the sample file.

Again, lots of thanks and best regards,

Tridib

former_member189326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tridib,

the XML content is stored in the .xml file. You'll have to access it in a way that doesn't cause the XML-to-HTML transformation to take a peek at the format. You could probably do this by accessing the repository in question via WebDAV. If you're on a later SP, you should be able to go to /irj/go/km/docs/ in your browser to access the repository via WebDAV. Otherwise, take a look in the details pane of the folder that contains the .xml file in question. Under properties, there'll be a URL to access the folder via WebDAV.