cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating the infopackage for XML datasource I could not find the 'Initialize delta process' in update mode. Can any one tell me what is the problem?. thanks.

Regards,

Vithul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

XML is as similar to a flat file. A flat file doesn't have DELTA at all. The only thing available is FULL LOAD.

Delta is available only in R/3 related extractors.

Regards,

GPK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I found this following procedure in the sap library. They r also said that 'Choose Delta Process Initialization mode on the Update tab page and select Initialization without Data Transfer'

Thatz why I asked..I am confused now...please help.

Procedure

To activate data transfer to the delta queue, create an InfoPackage for your XML DataSource in order to initialize without a data request.

1. In the Modeling InfoSource tree of the Administrator Workbench , choose InfoSources ®Your Application Component ® Your InfoSource for Requesting XML Data ® myself BW System ® Create InfoPackage

2. Enter a description for your InfoPackage in the following dialog box. Select the XML DataSource and confirm your entries.

3. Edit the tab pages for the InfoPackage. Choose Delta Process Initialization mode on the Update tab page and select Initialization without Data Transfer.

4. Schedule the InfoPackage.

Regards,

Vithul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually Now I solved the pbm. ie The Initialization of delta queue was successful for XML datasource...Now I have anotherone..

I want to select Sap 'user menu'....itz not highlighted(i could not select)...what to do..

Answers (0)