cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI30: sending SAP-XML IDOC file to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have a legacy app that generate SAP-XML IDOCs file which are sended to SAP using SAP Business Connector.

Is is possible to have such a scenario in SAP XI 3.0 and how?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can use XI to send the data to SAP. You would use the J2SE file adapter to send the XML to XI and from XI to SAP. I would not recommend LEGACY-BC-XI-SAP 'cause there is too many steps where something can go wrong. XI was developed to replace BC and not to work along with BC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

my legacy app is only producing SAP-XML IDOC file and put this file to a file folder.

SAP Business Connector (my development) is responsible for picking this file, convert SAP-XML IDOC to IDOC and sent it to SAP.

I don't know XI well and don't use it, but this scenario is important to know if it is possible and how.

As I understand I could use file adapter or SAP BC adapter in XI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For less development work, use the SAP BC Adapter.

Cheers

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But what if SAP-XML IDOC file is in format of SAP Business Connector, and is sended by file system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then send it to the SAP BC Adapter available also in XI 3.0......

I have a document on the SAP BC Adapter if you need further info.

Cheers

Colin.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mladen,

the format is not important. It ist easyly to transform with a suitable mapping (XSLT, Message-Mapping). As noted below the file adapter is the right choice to accept your message.

Regards Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

I disagree. Surely if the file is in SAP Business Connector format already you would want to use the SAP Business Connector Adapter in XI 3.0 to transform the message in XI format ?

Cheers

Colin.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mladen,

of course it's possible. The HTTP-Adapter would accept the incoming XML, the IDOC-Adapter refers the message to a SAP system. Both adapter are easy to handle and high-performance.

Regards Udo