I am trying to do the XI3.0 installation.
In order to install the SAP WEBAS (Abap and java), i have found the related guides.
In the media information of WEBAS for ABAP on Oracle databse, i am confused and unable to find the link to for software "(DVD) SAP NetWeaver 04, Support Release 1, SAP WEB AS JAVA, SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio, ADOBE, IGS"</b> in the market place.
Can any one guideon this?
Follow these steps while installing XI:
1. Windows server or advanced server with latest service patch.
2. IE 6.0 with latest service patch
3. Install Microsoft office and winzip, acrobat
4. Install JDK with version 1.4.2_03 or above with the corresponding JVM
5. Install the SAP GUI 6.20
6. Make sure that you have hard disk space of 10 GB in C drive and 50 GB in the installation drive.
7. Make sure the virtual memory is between 512 and 1594 or above for the installation drive.
8. Copy the dumps of following DVDs into the installation drive.
Installation Master DVD
Additonal Components for SAP BW/SAP XI,SAP MI,SAP KW
SAP Web As Java
9. Start the installation from the DVD dump Installation Master DVD.
10. When installing the ABAP Database the SID of the oracle default database should be different the ABAP database SID.
U can go through the Installtion Guides for Installing XI from http://service.sap.com/instguides (SR1 installation)
u can also refer to service.sap.com/platforms to see the available platform on which XI can be installed. ( Windows/linux/UNIX)
or you can even go through this weblog which clearly talks to you about XI installation
In addition to this installation guide you also need to download the XI configuration guide which is very useful for technical configurations of various adapters and XI system.
At the same place you will also get the XI configuration guide e.g XI30ConfigGuideSPS11.pdf.
U can also download SAP Exchange Infrastructure 3.0 SR1 Installtion Guide from the articles scetion.
would also suggest these links: