cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Proxies - Secure ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have heard that there may be an issue regarding security when connecting XI to SAP using the proxy approach. Is this true ?

The iDoc/BAPI approach use RFC connectivity and hence are establishing a connection SAP with and RFC User and Pswd. How does this work with Proxies ?

Thanks in advance for your assistance here.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which are not that secure as UserID\Password are sent in clear text. If you are only worried about sending Username\Password, you could setup Single Sign-On or implement Secure Network Communication (SNC) if you want full network encryption.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how is the connection happening between SAP and XI, when using proxies ?

for BAPIs and iDocs, this connection is established via RFC connectivity. How does this connection work with proxies ?

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When calling backend systems which are WebAs620 or higher you should setup your proxy using a HTTP destination created in SM59. Depending on your backend you will have a path prefix of either

/sap/xi/engine?type=receiver (WebAs620)

or

/sap/xi/engine?type=entry (WebAs640)

In the logon/Security tab you enter the user which connects to the backend system using Sap Standard auths.

In the communication channel will be type XI using addressing type HTTP Destination the the HTTP Destination being the name of you HTTP destination you created in SM59.

Cheers,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for that. Your response answers my query.

Best.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not see anything different between IDoc/RFC/Proxy adapters about the security.

I believe XI Proxy adapter is as secured as IDoc or RFC adapters.

regards

Shravan