Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xi functionalities

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

I would like to have an elaborate explanation for my below queries:-

Does XI has the ability to integrate with a Webservice with minimum changes to out of the box application?

Does XI has the ability to prove robust performance and scalability characteristics. If so what are those?

If XI and R/3 are installed in the same box, how does a RFC scenario need to be designed.

Why should XI be installed in a separate box, if it can still be installed within R/3 or CRM or SRM or etc.....

Appreciate elaborate answers with examples.

Thanks.

Krishnan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>Does XI has the ability to integrate with a Webservice with minimum changes to out of the box application?</i>

Yes using SOAP adapter

<i>Does XI has the ability to prove robust performance and scalability characteristics. If so what are those?</i>

Yes. But for that u have to follow its high availability configurations

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/cefe0399-0701-0010-8d86-b6b...

<i>If XI and R/3 are installed in the same box, how does a RFC scenario need to be designed.</i>

Similar way. Same address. for sender/receiver and XI

<i>

Why should XI be installed in a separate box, if it can still be installed within R/3 or CRM or SRM or etc..</i>

For handling its messaging and monitoring systems conveniently

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Yes</b> XI has the ability to integrate with a Webservice with minimum changes to out of the box application.

And the justification goes like this.For various Soap to Soap scenarios you use the Web services as it is.There are so many web services talked about in sdn which are used as it is.

For robust performance and scalability concerns ,you can go for the performance issue pdfs.If you want then send me your email id.

RFC scenario, when XI and R/3 are installed in the same box will be similar both in terms of <b>design and configuration too</b>.

Servers are usually kept aside for security and performance issues.though it can be installed within R/3 or CRM or SRM.

Thanks