cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI File 2 File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I new to XI technology, I have done File 2 File scenario from TXT file to XML file. Now i want to do XML file 2 TXT or DOC file. is it the same way to do? please show me the path to do that.

Thanks & Regards,

Satish.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I think the explanation given below if carefully followed can help you do the scenario you are trying.

To make note mapping cannot be performed with a flat file as XI understands only XML. Hence content conversion required.

Please go thru these links for step by step procedure to do the same:

<a href="/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion Receiver with Content Conversion</a>

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/frameset.htm">Converting File Content in the Receiver Adapter</a>

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/content.htm">Configuring the Receiver File/FTP Adapter</a>

carefully make a note of the "The ‘endSeparator’ parameter.

Also go through the thread below in which i have clearly explained how to do any File to File Scenarios.

I guess this should help you do your scenario without any problem.

Regards,

abhy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

You will need content conversion in the input file does not contain data in XML format in the respective adapter.

Take a look at these blogs for content conversion,

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion -- File Receiver Content Conversion

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30 -- File Sender Content COnversion.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi satish

you need to do the same way you do file to file.

The difference if you are doing XML TO Flat File...

1) In the sender adapter select only File , not the file content conversion which you do when the source is a text file.

2) In the receiver adapter do it the way you did for file to file schenario. If you want it the output file to be a source file write the file name as output.txt ..if you want it to open in doc write the output filename as output.doc

Regards,

Sumit

ps: reward points if this helped you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just follow the same procedure.

Only for the receiver/sender Adapter where you have xml file, do not create FCC.

Regards

Vijaya