cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XComponents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How reliable are Antivia's XComponents ??

Can we use them in the real time environment because heard that they wont work after few days?

Do they get expired?

Please advise.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

As you might be aware of the fact that the XComponents are a free set of components for Xcelsius which highlight some of the possibilities of the Xcelsius SDK. These are 3rd party components from Antivia so SAP Business Objects does not provide any support for them which in turn means they are not completely tested by the product group team.

So it would be inappropriate to comment on how they would behave from environment to environment. However from my personal experience, I have seen many users making use of XScorecard component without any issues. Infact XScorecard component is such a hit amongst user that SAP is planning to include a similar component in their future releases.

Regards,

Nakul Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nakul,

Thanks for the reply.

So I shouldn't have any problems in using XComponents.

In my scenario I need tree kind of structure for user to select hierarchical data.

Is there any workaround for this in Xcelsius itself??

As Xcelsius does not provide any component for this requirement I have no choice but to go for Xtree.

BTW do these components expire after publishing into SWF??

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

As a workaround with Xcelsius components you can make use of the combo box for hierarchical data.

Suppose you want to show data for Geographical hierarchy (Country -> state-> city), eg sales revenue per month for a company. You can have combo box or any selector for for Country , then State and Then city.

You can fetch the data such that when you click on country you get state and city pertaining to that only . Below will be graph with X axis as Months and measure as ssales revenue.

This can be done by making source of state as the cells area Detsination of Country combo box or any selector used.

As far as Xcomponents are considered, I havent seen them getting expired after publishing; however I cant give you the confirmation.

I hope the informatiomation provided helps.

Regards,

Nakul

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, they do not expire.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These are free components from Antivia. They won't expire. Even I have used few of the components.

I have used "XTree" from the XComponents List.

This Component is working like Charm...

Go ahead and use these.

[http://www.antivia.com/xcomponents.html]

Regards

Ram

Answers (0)