cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xcelsius xml data connection to xml file on BOE server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if it is possible to use an xml file stored through infoview on the BOE server as a source for an Xcelisius XML data connection? If so, what url do I use to connect? I want both the flash and the xml file to be stored in same BOE folder.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DebjitSingha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mickey,

It is possible to use a XML file as the source of data for Xcelsius. First you have to find the folder location of the XML file. Then you have to use that file to get the XML structure inside your Excel and by useing Excel XML maps under Existing Connections.

Steps:

1. Go to Developer tab on the Excel (if not visible enable it from Excel option)

2. Click on Source tab and click on XML maps.

3. Provide the link in the File name section. It will ask for login Credentials.

4. From XML source drag and drop fields from XML source. Click on Refresh

5. Go to the data connection and click on Excel XML Maps.

6. provide the link of the XML file.

7. Refresh according to requirement.

8. Use the data on the Excel (comming from XML file)

Good Luck & keep Posting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to save my xml data from xcelsius dashboard to BOE server(without using tomcat server)..I wonder how to do it...Please help.

Edited by: chinmaypadhi on Jul 6, 2011 8:18 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you know, the XML file is stored in frs, the file system. So the XML Data URL in Xcelsius should be a valid path to the file, such as "D:/folders/frs/xx/fda78878ffdf.xml" or "file://c$/xxxx" or "
10.210.3.3fdf". Either in your development environment or when in BOE server, your dashbaord should be able to access the file.

Refer to the blog where connecting to an XML file is illustrated.

-Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ray for your reply..

1 More Issue

I am facing the #2032 Error while running the Dashboard in portal developed using SAP Netweaver BW connection.

Following Error comes for 4-5 times then #2032 error comes

Error:"Cannot Access External Data"

{ The BICS Remote web Service could not process your request.Open a CSN message on component BW-BEX-ET-XC and attach the technical details of the error from the following link:

http://sgsgsav0s2006:5000/bicsremotedebug?geterrorticket=KSF-1324043982210(this link changes each time the error pops up}

This error will popup and then the dashboard randomly displays data for some queries and for some it does not pull data.

This happens even for 4 queries.

Please reply soon,so that we can proceed.

Thanks

Edited by: chinmaypadhi on Dec 27, 2011 11:13 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI chinmaypadhi,

Error 2032:

This is common error in Xcelsius if your working with SAP BW Netviewer connection.

They are some many reasons why this error will occur

Some of them are:

1.Due to proxy setting in your web browses,

How:.Xcelsius call your query through web browser ,If your web browser have any proxies might it stops xcelsius to connection BW servers

Solution : Check your proxy setting in web browser and change it accordingly

2.Due to lack of Java stack

Solution: Check you java stack version/patch in your BW system weather it meet the requirement or not

\3.If query defination of BW changed after dashboard designed then also this error will appear

for this import the queries againg in xcelsius.

4.if SAP server have too many RFC connection then also you will face error

Solution: You have to wait for some time and then check you will not get the error if FRC connection to server decreased

check weather your SAP BW query (using bex desinger) is executing in web browser or not if not ask your bw guys why it is not they will give the solution try to implement that and then check your dashboards.

overall and Final Solution and Activity: Check your Bex queries is execution in web browser or not if it execute then you will not get the error 2032,

if not execute ask your BW guys to solve the issue after solved by bw check your dashboards it will definetly work.before that import queries one again.

Even when if your not able solve the issue:

Tell me where and when this error facing exactly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkat for your suggestions..

All Bex queries run fine.

Actually I dont face the following issue

"Cannot Access External Data"

{ The BICS Remote web Service could not process your request.Open a CSN message on component BW-BEX-ET-XC and attach the technical details of the error from the following link:

http://sgsgsav0s2006:5000/bicsremotedebug?geterrorticket=KSF-1324043982210(this link changes each time the error pops up}

always.sometimes the dashboard runs perfectly..sometimes this error comes for 5-6 times while triggering 3-4 queries at a time and then the #2032 error comes(somewhere i have read its a timeout error message).

The problem may be due to Java stack as you mentioned,but how to check java stack version/patch?what is the required version?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Then you are facing issue due to lack of java stack and also due to too many RFC connection to SAP BW(

Regarding RFC connect check with your admin team

for minimu requirement

check link : http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/prerequisitestoXcelsiusandSAPNetWeaverBW+Connection

for Java stack :

Check following link.:

If solution resolve your issue then give rating

Thanks and regards

venkat

Edited by: venkatsapbi on Dec 28, 2011 3:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

We have Java stack,so that we are able to view the dashboard for several times,may be we have to upgrade the java stack patch level,but i didnt find the required java stack version in the link provided by you(may be my mistake),can you please mention the exact version required and one more thing currently we are using 15 queries(as they all are required),do you think after upgrading the java stack patch we'll be able to run the dashboard with all the queries without any error.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Step 3 is the problem. when I select XML maps and click on Add, I am unable to navigate to the xml file which is on the BOE server. Have you ever used the BOE server? Its not just another window file system. You need business object client install to connect from your desktop. There is no option to select the BOE platform.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand how to use xml maps and xml files when the file is stored on sharepoint or some other standard filesystem. My question is related to your step 6 when the xml file is located on the BOE server ( infoview document list). The properties of the file is frs://Input/a_006/041/002/141574/product list.xml. I can't use that as the url in the data connection.

DebjitSingha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After step 5, you will find a default link on the connection field let it be like that only. It will work as intended.