Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XCelsius transport issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are creating Dashboards using Xcelsius connecting directly to BEx

Everything works fine for development. We want to transport the dashboard from DEV to QA to Prod.

But the Xcelsius Dashboard still gets the data from Dev - BEx-BI Server...

How can we update the connections in QA Dashboard so that Dashboard from QA will get data from QA- BI Server ?

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

carlos_weffer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Addy

I may be wrong but I reckon that you have to recreate the Data Connection pointing to QA System then publish your dashboard again.

I mean, in DEV, open your dashboard and create a new version with data connection pointing to QA. Publish your new version to DEV then transport it to QA. Same approach apply for PRD. As you may notice this is only possible if queries used by your dashboard have been already imported into QA/PRD.

Hope this help. Let me konow if you find any other approach.

Cheers,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for you reply.

We cannot have 3 versions for every dashboard we create and the dashbaord cannot be edited in Quality system to transport the dashboard to Production.

This way, the dashbaord will be out of sync in the landscape and more admin over heads..

Thanks....

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member610149
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Addy,

Here is a simple way to handle this situation.

In your dashboard set everything that it picks up data from Development server.

Also keep Connection "Refreh" button.

Similarly Keep 3 Refresh Buttons for Dev,QA,PROD with underlying connection to the relevant Servers.

If you have any issue with authorisation, please revert for further guidance.

With best wishes

BaaRaa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Addy,

I know that from the version of Xcelsius SP2 or higher and BW 7.01 SP5, Xcelsius is integrated with Transports, meaning that the object types (xcelsius and queries bex) can be transported with SAP transport mechanism and I would recommend to use it because it is then a single tool for SAP and BusinessObjects objects types.

You can find more detail of the procedure here:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f005a4ca-d4fd-2c10-adb8-8ec24383c...

Hope this helps.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

xtian