cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

Xcelsius SDK Packager

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am building my own components in Engage and am going through the examples provided by the SDK. At this point I am simply trying to use the Add-on Packager to generate an XLX from the provided SWF files for the different horizontal scroll bar examples.

I fill out all the required information in Packager under the Visual Component tab. I then select the Component SWF provided by the SDK for CustomPropSheetHorizontalSliderSource and the Property Sheet provided by the SDK for CustomPropSheetHorizontalSliderPropertySheet.

I build the componets and in Xcelsius I add the component. I get no errors and after I restart Xcelius I see the new component in the component categories menu on the left. I drag it onto the designer and nothing happens. I can use the included components just fine. Also, if I import the XLX provided by the SDK that works as well.

Why is this not working? Am I missing something? I am using the compiled SWF's provided by the SDK. I would think those should work in he Add-on Packager.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you are compiling using Flex SDK 2.0.1 Hot Fix 3.

Also check for typos in the class name you defined in the add-on packager for each component.

Xcelsius tries to create an instance of your class when you drop it onto the canvas, so if the class name has typos in it you won't get a component on the canvas...

Regards

Matt

LaurentS
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello. I've the same behavior. When I drag and drop the component on the canvas,nothing happens.

LaurentS
Explorer
0 Kudos

I found the reason. You have to specify the correct class name in the package (while creating the xlx in the Add-on packager tool).

Ex class name : com.businessobjects.xcelsius.sdk.samples.SalesFunnel.

Hope that helps you.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

what if I have no actionscript class??

Means I have implement all the code which I need into the mxml-file...

What do I have to provide as class-name in the add-on-packager?

Thank you,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

Even if you create your component in MXML you have to provide the full class name.

like com.businessobjects.xcelsius.sdk.samples.MXMLHorizontalSlider.

You can see the example given in xcelsius SDK samples.

Path: C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Xcelsius\SDK\samples\MXMLHorizontalSlider

Hope this helps

Rush-me