cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xcelsius 2008 Licence key not valid

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope someone can help as I am at my wits end with this despite many emails back and forth with support.

I have Xcelsius 4.5 running on Vista. I bought the upgrade to 2008. I installed it but it keeps saying the licence key is invalid. I have been told about the need to change permissions in regedit which I have done but it still will not work.

Update: issue resolved..phew!

Edited by: Tomlloyd41 on Feb 19, 2011 5:44 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please can you explain how you solved the activation problem?

Many thanks, Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was adjusting the permissions using regedit as instructed by the support team as follows:

1. Start > Run > u201CREGEDIT.EXE

2. When the Registry Editor comes up go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareBusiness ObjectsSuite 12.0

3. Now at the top of the page click Edit > Permissionsu2026

4. Make sure that u201CFull Controlu201D and u201CReadu201D are both checked. Click OK.

This was still not working and in fact would not even let me uninstall the software once I made those changes

Finally I checked the permissions at the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareBusiness Objects

level and found that they were not applied there. So I made the permission changes there and it worked. I was able to uninstall and reinstall and it works.

I have to admit I do find it bizarre that it is necessary to go through these hoops of editing the registry like this. I have not come across this before. I did in the end in desperation pay for the Single Case Support for £110, though it was not their idea to check the root directory settings. The people were helpful but I do feel that you should not need to pay for this kind of support to get a fully licenced product simply up and running.

Hope this helps

Tom

Answers (0)