cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xcelsius 2008 - Gauge>General>Data - Cannot Change Target Cell in Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there, I hope someone can help me with this issue as I am bamboozled by it!

Firstly, I am using XML Maps in Excel to get data out of my database. Once I had got my spreadsheet to display all of the relevant data, I imported it into Xcelsius. I added 12 Gauges to my Canvas in Xcelsius then for each Gauge, I went onto properties 'General' > 'Data' and selected an appropriate cell in the spreadsheet, so my Gauge would display some data. When I created the SWF file, everything worked fine and dandy.

I have now edited the spreadsheet so it includes new fields that I didn't originally think I would need. I imported this spreadsheet into Xcelsius once more and the Gauges are showing incorrect values, which is understandable as the Gauges are now pointing to wrong cells within the Excel spreadsheet.

Here is the problem: This time when I go to the Gauge's properties and select 'General' > 'Data' and choose the appropriate cell, the properties do not update. In fact, the 'Data' textbox simply retains the old value. For example:

Old Value = Pivot!$J$466

Desired New Value = Pivot!$J$506

The Value Xcelsius displays and won't change: Pivot!$J$466.

Your help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

Can you delete the cell reference completely, and then re-assign it? Or has the worksheet name changed slightly?

Regards

Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

The name of the worksheet 'Pivot' has not been changed. I tried what you suggested, but no success.

I can manually delete the value in the textbox, but when I try to reassign it to a different cell, Xcelsius won't follow. If I select a cell in the spreadsheet, nothing happens. If I enter the worksheet and cell address manually eg: Pivot!$J$506 then the text that I have manually entered will appear in the text section of the Gauge.

Any new ideas anyone!?

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds strange!

Can you remove the reference, click OK. Save close and reopen the dashboard, (and/or Xcelsius), see if that nclears whatever the blockage is?

Also, what version are you running (Help > About...)?

Regards

Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Charles,

I have tried what you have suggested, but no success.

I am running Version: 5.1.3.0 and Build: 12,1,3,495.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

former_member186358
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chris,

This is really a very strange problem...is it happening with all the components or only with Gauge component?

-Anilu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anilu,

It is happening with every component that was linking into the Excel spreadsheet. I originally just mentioned the Gauge as an example to my problem, didn't want to confuse people reading it! So Combination Charts, Grids, List Boxes, Combo Boxes etc. all have this issue. Also, I have 6 worksheets within my Excel document.

This is really driving me nuts!!

Help anyone?!

Cheers,

Chris