cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong aggregation of percentage figure as key figure

0 Kudos

Hello everybody, I need your help please!

I've create a new cube containing customerID and a percentage key figure representing the national part af a regional customer and bound it succsessfully to the reporting multicube.

I can calculate national/regional gross and net and any other key figure as percentage of the total of the respectiv key figure, and it works fine, but only as long as the customer is in the drill down.

If I want to see aggregate figures for regions, for instance, eliminating customer from drill down, it cumulates the percentages per region and calculates with this sums. The result ist catastrophic, since the sum of percentages per region is like 980%, for instance!!!

How can I bring about to sum the regional/national part and not the percentage key figure?

Thanks for any help

Alexander

PS I can provide screenshots descibing the problem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since percentages are not additive (as you have demonstrated), I would suggest that you change your cube design to keep the "raw" sales numbers as key figures in the cube. (These can still be aggregated by customer or region, etc., if desired.) Then do the calculation of the percentage key figures at run-time.

Hope this helps...

Bob

0 Kudos

Thanks Bob!

'course it helps, for the future.

For the time being, I thought there is a way to do it without changing the data modell, just an artifice at run-time of the query.

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander.

Just to say that Bob is absolutely right, the ONLY way is to have the raw data in your cube - there is no workaround! And I have spent many hours trying, rest assured!!

Patrick

0 Kudos

OK, I've tried it in a test cube and you are right. It works, but only if I set in the properties of the calculated percentages "before aggregation" - kind of ligical!

Thanks all!

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the some problem.

Put the KF in the Cube was very expensive for me. So I used JavaScript to read the result line, make the calculation and write the correct value in the HTML code.

Was not the best solution, but it worked.

thanks,

Marco.

Answers (0)