Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Agent at step Executing batch work item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a very weird error in my system pertaining to only one custom Workflow

Their are two issues, one "Work item set to error following 03 failed attempts" and other a user named "Ravi Ma****" "Executing batch work item" who is not either the admin nor the Batch user for the jobs SWW*.

Below are the screen shots, here I expect WF-BATCH in place of the user, also why it failed after 3 attempts as the Task is a standard one and no lock issues exists during processing.

Any further inputs, please shoot a reply to this thread.

Your assistance would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Bharat R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

Is this issue resolved?

I am currently facing the exact issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, increasing number of logs with the same 'RMAL**' ID despite changing all the SWW* jobs to WF-BATCH as both creator and user.

Needs attention pls, I am clueless..

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's strange, but is it an actual problem? Is it affecting the users?

Does it happen in the Test system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes it is, no its wont affect any user as these are just background activities.. but Client is curios as to why is it like this..

We were unable to replicate this in test system.

Tnx.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could this be happening via a remote connection?

Former Member
0 Kudos

you mean from a different system? no, the WFs are trigger within the same system..

Tnx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Just trying to understand where all can we explicitly mention an agent which can cause this issue.. I am so out of options ..

Tnx.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look in table SWWLOGHIST for this workitem id and see which userid it was.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your reply.

I see that when Tech_user = BATCHUSR against which Actual agent is "Ravi"

but when Tech_user = WF-BATCH then actual agent is WF-BATCH.

Below table is the History

1009460473RSWWERRE08.10.201511:27:527901RaviBATCHUSR
1009460473RSWWERRE08.10.201511:47:524701RaviBATCHUSR
1009460473RSWWERRE08.10.201512:07:525301RaviBATCHUSR
1009460473RSWWERRE08.10.201512:27:514501RaviBATCHUSR
1009460473START_EXECUTION_IN_BACKGROUND08.10.201511:26:027502BCARNESBCARNES
1009460473SWW_BI_CREATE08.10.201511:26:027501BCARNESBCARNES
1009460473SWW_BI_EXECUTE_S08.10.201511:26:025301WF-BATCHWF-BATCH
1009460473SWW_BI_EXECUTE_S08.10.201511:27:528001RaviBATCHUSR
1009460473SWW_BI_EXECUTE_S08.10.201511:47:524801RaviBATCHUSR
1009460473SWW_BI_EXECUTE_S08.10.201512:07:525401RaviBATCHUSR
1009460473SWW_BI_EXECUTE_S08.10.201512:27:514601RaviBATCHUSR
1009460473SWW_BI_EXECUTE_S08.10.201512:27:514602RaviBATCHUSR
1009460473SWW_WI_COMP_EVT_RECEIVE_INTERN14.10.201508:47:276201RGUNDERWOODWF-BATCH
1009460473SWW_WI_EXECUTE08.10.201511:26:025201WF-BATCHWF-BATCH

Now, where can I check that when Tech_usr is XXX Actual user is YYY ?

Again. Jobs instance is just one and WF-BATCH is across all.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Column that starts with BATCHUSR is Tech_usr

The Column that starts with Ravi is Actual user.

Tnx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also Rick,

Attached is the Workitem. "the processing was completed by event" if that could be of any help

The Terminating events of this task are

BUS2081POSTEDIncoming Invoice Document Posted

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It looks like someone gave the name "Ravi" to the SAP userid BATCHUSR. That needs fixing.

Also looks like the SWWERRE job (and maybe others) are being run under BATCHUSR instead of WF-BATCH. That also needs fixing.

regards

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

below is the screen shot for BATCHUSR in SU01

And below are the released SWW* jobs which has WF-BATCH as the user for the span of last 5 months.

let me know if you need any further input please.

Tnx

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat

This is turning out to be a real mystery!!!!

In SM37, check if there is any filter (Menu Edit->Set Filter) on Client/Server to display the Jobs.

Just wanted to check another point that we are not looking at a filtered list of jobs in SM37.

Regards,

Modak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Modak,

Gud morning!

Checked none exists.

Tnx.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would get in there and debug the workflow log to see where it is getting "Ravi" from.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By the way, just because a batch job was created by WF-BATCH doesn't mean it's being run as WF-BATCH (you have to look at the Step level). But it's most likely it is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick, Tnx so much for that but how do we do this? what number can I reach out to you?

Tnx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Step level is BATCHUSR too..

Tnx.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BATCHUSR? It should be WF-BATCH !

You don't have any ABAPers there? They know how to debug.

I don't have a phone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Changed to WF-BATCH, the issue still persists. BATCHUSR was just another user with SAP_ALL SAP_NEW..

Tnx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My main intent for this thread is to address the user "Ravi" issue, if possible only reply against that issue.

Thanks.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

What is the name given for user WF-BATCH in SU01?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its "Workflow System". Thanks.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Check in ADRP if there is some other user with the same name (accidental)

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Look in SM37 at the (R)SWWERRE job, looks like it's being run under Ravi's user.

(look in the Step to see the actual user and not the "author")

regards

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Modak, none exists.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rick,

Was expecting a reply from you.. .

yes earlier this was the setting when we identified this issue for the first time but now we have change this too as WF-BATCH. however we still have "Scheduled" jobs with his ID, which should not be an issue?

Thanks.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

"My main intent for this thread is to address the user "Ravi" issue"

Solved!

As long as it is not being run under his username (in the Step - it doesn't matter how it's shown in SM37) then there isn't a problem.

"his id has been deactivated since past 6 months"

Are you sure about that?

regards

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Just checked with my Basis guy the id is locked.

But - Ravi is neither the actual user nor the Author of the Batch Jobs, WF-BATCH is.

still a scheduled job exists in the past in the system with Ravi's id.. how does this solve the issue?

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A user called Ravi was running RSWWERRE a week ago, so obviously the account was not deactivated. I hope you are checking this yourself, or asking for proof. Note that there can be more than one SWWERRE job in SM37.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

No, that user was deactivated months ago and the jobs too was changed a month ago(in fact deleted and recreated).Yes, I am checking this myself. and no their is only one instance of all these jobs

I can provide you with screen shots if required.

Thanks.

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto SWU3, select the background  job for  workitem with error. Click on execute. There you can find that Repeat counter for workitems  with error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjan,

Can you let me know about the User issue? SWU3 config is noted from both you and Modak.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Modak,

I saw your reply on email, but it wont reflect on this thread. For now lets discuss only about the User "Ravi.." Issue, his id has been deactivated since past 6 months and he does not exist in the firm so their is no scope of him executing the program also WF-BATCH user has already configured all the jobs against his name. what could be other possibility? SWU3 admin too is a different dialogue user id, where else can I check on this?

Thanks,

Bharat R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjan,

Can you let me know about the User issue? SWU3 config is noted from both you and Modak.

Thanks.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat

The method behind this step would be issuing Temporary Workflow Exceptions/Errors where the workitem is set to a temporary error. Which is then picked up by SWWERRE to restart and try again. After failed attempts (the number of failed attempts is set in SWU3 config), the system finally gives up and puts the work item in a hard error and that is why you see "Work item set to error following 03 failed attempts"

User RAVI might have executed the report RSWERRE directly from SE38 and that is why you see his name there in the Work item Log.

Now coming back to the error: Check the method of the task behind this work item and see what exceptions it is raising. Also, check the step history of your work item from the "technical Workflow Log"... the screen shot you gave is from "Classical Technical Log".

The work item's step history in the  technical log will give you more details.

Regards,

Modak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer to the other reply also attached is the log more from Technical View perspective.