Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write content into Extended field in Customer

JOSC_ITLAB
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

i created an extended field via SDK in the customer standard TI.

I also created a custom BO, which should write the content of one field into the extended field at the BeforeSave event.

When I Create a new entry to my custom BO i have to enter a zipcode. My BeforeSave event should get all Customers with the same ZipCode at AdressInformation.Adress.Default[...] and write the ZipCode I entered into myAdress, the extended field in Customer I created.

My problem is:

1. Should i change the data of the Query object or the Retrieved object?

2. Should i change the CurrentCommon or the Common? (myAdress is located in Common but writing into CurrentCommon seems more legit)

3. The Customers I try to write something in are getting blocked (even the .Unblock() method doesnt seem to help much(or I just used it at the wrong place)).(Could it be that i need more rights to write them?)

jfyi:

I get the right Customers I actually want to have.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1 - Retrieve() return only one instance, so use Query instead.

2 - Cloud Applications Studio: Common vs. CurrentCommon - YouTube

3 - Dont you have a session opened in browser accessing such Customer instance?

JOSC_ITLAB
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for your answers. I totally forgot about that video but i saw it once at the beginning of my training.

For number 3, i created in a different solution also an extension for customer with some stupid example code without deleting it afterwards. After tracing my issue I found out that even when not called or nesserey all solutions extending customer are called. This lead to block every customer i want to work with.

Thanks,

Johannes

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186648
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

2. You should use CurrentCommon

Thanks, Pradeep.