cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workitem Text need to display in Webdynpro Application

0 Kudos

Hi,

Requirement : Workitem ID need to capture in WebDynpro application along with workitem text. (i.e.., When user clicks on worktitem from UWL, the workitem text should display in Webdynpro applocation.)

I have created workflow and Web dynpro application. I have configured in SWFVISU tcode and assigned parameter in webdynpro application parameters tab. Here, If i click's on workitem, it's opening sap web screen. But i want to open webdynpro application screen.

Kindly suggest to do this..

Advance Thanks & Regards,

Jayaprakash N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayaprakash,

Are you trying to open this from the portal inbox? If yes. then exactly where are you clicking?

You should click on the button which says 'Launch WebDynpro'(or any other button text that you may provide) button in order to open the custom webdynpro application which you have created.

Regards,

Arpan

0 Kudos

Hi Arpan,

Thanks for your reply..

In portal, I have clicked on Workitem which is available in UWL. and as you suggest, is there any button to select an option 'Launch WebDynpro' buttons/options.? If yes, Where is that or how can i achieve that...?.

Regards,

Jayaprakash N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayaprakash,

If you are not seeing the button "Launch WebDynpro" when you click on your Workitem then your UWL is not configured. There are a couple of steps for that which are provided quite clearly in the link below .

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20f4843e-314f-2a10-2a88-8c4afa20d...

Broadly the steps are:

1. Re-register your system alias in UWL configuration. The path for this is System Administration / System Configuration /Universal Worklist Administration
  2. After re-registering, the portal will add one XML file for your system. Download the XML file, edit and add Webdynpro option specifying the Workflow Task ID and your custom webdynpro application name
  3. Upload the edited XML file with priority high and clear the cache
  4. In your WDA application define a plug name 'Start' and define the parameter WI_ID type SWW_WIID
  5. In your WDA window define a eventhandler HANDLESTART and inside write the code for reading the workitem id. Create a parameter WI_ID type SWW_WIID also for this eventhandler

Let me know if you are stuck at any point.

Regards,

Arpan

Message was edited by: Arpan Sengupta

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your reply.

As Arpan suggest, I told to basis team and they have done configuration again. Now it's working fine.

Thanks,

Jayaprakash N

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good to hear! Please mark the thread as Answered.

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are the visualization parameters  that were mentioned in the SWFVISU. They should be as follows:

APPLICATION: <NAME OF WEBDYNPRO APPLICATION>

DYNPARAM: WI_ID=${item.externalId}

NAMESPACE: SAP

SYSTEM_ALIAS: < Name of system alias as mentioned in UWL configuration>

Check the following implementation have done at the webdynpro  end:

1. Define the application parameter WI_ID

2. Implement handle default method of the window to read the application parameter WI_ID

3. Make use of WAPI* function modules like SAP_WAPI_DECISION_COMPLETE etc to complete the work item.

Upon performing all the above activities make sure you request portal admin to re-register all the items.

Check the configuration file has updated with new task id that you have configured in SWFVISU. Additionally make sure you clear the cache upon RE-REGISTER activity.

Regards,

Pavan

0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for your reply...

And I have set the parameter in visualization which you mentioned above. When i am select a workitem from UWL, directly it will trigger to SAP screen not a webdynpro screen.

In Webdynpro, If i pass workitem ID number directly into application parameters, it will open. i.e.., it working fine. But, if i trigger from portal UWL, it throwing error i mean, it shows normal SAP screen...

Kindly suggest to complete this issue.

Regards,

Jayaprakash N

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you configure SWFVISU (include screenshort or explanation)? If the web dynpro application is not opening, there is simply something wrong with SWFVISU.

Another option is that SWFVISU is correct, but the configuration has not taken effect in portal? Did you re-register your system in Portal in System admin -> System config -> UWL? This should bring the configuration from backend system (SWFVISU) to the portal.

Kind regards,

Karri