cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working With BLOB (jpeg) Images Within an Oracle 10g Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone:

I'm having a design situation where I need someones help to understand what opinions I might have to resolve my issues. First of all, Iu2019m using Crystal Report 2008 and Oracle 10g database as the data source. I have a design scenario where Iu2019m grouping by u201Ckey componentsu201D, follow by its details, follow by (before and after) images and possibly there might be a third or fourth image at times. Also, at times, there might not be any images available for a particular grouping.

Here is my dilemmau2026 the client wants to see the before and after images side-by-side on the report. If there is a third or fourth image, they would like to see them below the first and second images.

I need your help to identify the best design approach to accomplish the clients design situation with the images. How do I place images side-by-side in a report? Keep in mind, there is only one data field name for the image coming in from the database records.

Thank you,

Larry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Larry,

You could try creating 2 formula fields... Before... After. Something along these lines.

Before:

IF {tbl.FieldDescription} = "Before" THEN {tbl.ImageField}

After:

IF {tbl.FieldDescription} = "After" THEN {tbl.ImageField}

I've never tried this approach with image fields but it will work other data types... Sorta like a manual cross tab.

Hope it works for you,

Jason

0 Kudos

Not possible....

"Keep in mind, there is only one data field name for the image coming in from the database records."

Use 2 fields, each refresh will replace both images with the one stored.