cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with 2 list boxes in a tableview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Friends,

I have a table view in which the first column is a dropdown listbox and second column is also another dropdown list box.

Case1: I am working with first row of the tableview

I am selecting a value say 'Q' in the the first dropdown and its corresponding values say (Q1,Q2,Q3.....) which has to be populated in the second dropdown of the same row.

Case2: I am working with second row of the tableview.

I am selecting another value say 'D' in the the first dropdown and its corresponding values say (D1,D2,D3.....) which has to be populated in the second dropdown of the same row.

I am now coming to the problem that i am facing now.

Note: i have selected Q in the first row and its corresponding values is Q1,Q2....!

When i am selecting 'D' in the second row ( D1,D2,D3...) i am getting D1,D2,D3 in the second dropdown <b>in both rows</b>.

Actually i have to keep Q and corresponding values Q1,Q2... in the first row as i have selected 'Q' in the first row allready. when i am selecting another value value D in second row , first row values should be kept as such with Q and corresponding values Q1,Q2....., and second row should be D with D1,D2,D3.....

Now i am getting

Q D1,D2,D3

D D1,D2,D3

Actually it should be

Q Q1,Q2,Q3

D D1,D2,D3

Problem i am facing is in the iterator class method IF_HTMLB_TABLEVIEW_ITERATOR~RENDER_CELL_START

when 'secondfield'.

Here i am getting values from cookie that i have set in the do_handle_event of the controller.

Given, code that i have written in iterator class method.

WHEN 'ETYSHT'.

**************dropdownlist box**************************************

IF p_edit_mode IS not INITIAL.

DATA: etysht TYPE string.

etysht = m_row_ref->etysht.

p_replacement_bee = cl_htmlb_textview=>factory( text = etysht ).

dropdownlistbox = cl_htmlb_dropdownlistbox=>factory( id = p_cell_id ).

CALL METHOD cl_bsp_server_side_cookie=>get_server_cookie

EXPORTING

name = 'COURSEGROUP_TO_COURSETYPE'

application_namespace = application_namespace

application_name = application_name

username = sy-uname

session_id = session_id

data_name = 'COURSEGROUP_TO_COURSETYPE'

CHANGING

data_value = itl_cstypenew.

GET REFERENCE OF itl_cstypenew INTO m_locid_ref.

dropdownlistbox->table = m_locid_ref.

dropdownlistbox->nameofkeycolumn = 'ETYID'.

dropdownlistbox->nameofvaluecolumn = 'ETYSHT'.

dropdownlistbox->selection = m_row_ref->etyid.

dropdownlistbox->onselect = 'click'.

p_replacement_bee = dropdownlistbox.

ENDIF.

Looking forward for your valuable suggestion.

Thanks & Regards,

Renju.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renju,

I see that you retrieving your drop down values from a cookie but I do not see any code where you are actually selecting the data that you need for second drop down box...

I mean when Q is selected in the first row...you should be reading only values related to Q in the firs dropdown and then popualte them. Similarly when user is on the second row and selecting D - the you should read values realting to D only (in this case D1, D2, D3). This should help you in keeping the values of the first row and second row as expected. Let me know if this works.

Cheers