cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflows for FI invoices completion and approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'd like to know which are the Business Objects related to FI invoices (I think FIPP) and the standard workflows that I can use as a basis for a custom development about completion and approval processes.

Thanks in advance.

Angelo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi'

I have a lot of experience with approval on invoices in workflow. The company I used to work for, had developed a "package" with a lot of tools for approving invoices.

For different reasons we used Bus2081 for the solution. Further more we developed a screen with the scanned picture of the invoice in the bottom, in the middle a area for as-signing costs to WBS, CC's ect. and on the top of the screen header data, postingdate, vendor etc.

A couple of advices:

1. Consider is the approval has to be line based or complete invoice.

2. If line based make a VERY detailed blueprint, for the process, agent assignment etc.

3. If different people has different levels of approval limits, what happens with substitu-tion.

4. Consider match to PO, shall these invoices be approved. What if there are differ-ences?

Be sure, that the business is VERY clear and accepts the BluePrint. My experience tells me, that this kind of flow grows like no other.

Other than that

Enjoy the project

Kind regards

Mikkel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikkel,

if you wanna reach me in Italy you're very welcome

I'm using FIPP at the moment and there are some doubts about its use, but they want to start with parked documents, so I think it's the correct choice.

We'll see...

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Angelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hehe, Italy must be varmer than here in cold rainy Denmark

Well just a last comment on FIPP vs. BUS2081. I do not know that much about FIPP, but with BUS2081, you work on the same doc. type as in MIRO and MIR7, and can park/post as well.

/Mikkel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

FIPP is a FI document which is parked (tx FB60)

BKPF is a FI financial document which is posted

BUS2081 are 'MM' invoices (tx MIRO)

Hopefully this helps you a little further.

Via tx SWO1 (business object builder) you can also the business objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Peter, it helps and you confirm what I was thinking. Now I have to search for some helpful workflows

for my scenario.

Bye!

Angelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angelo,

Why dont you ACTIVATE your EVENT TRACE(<b>SWELS</b> txn) and run your <i>BUSINESS PROCESS</i> and check the Event Trace Log(<b>SWEL</b> txn)? Make sure that you switch off(using the same <b>SWELS</b> txn) your EVENT TRACE after running the BUSINESS PROCESS.

Then find out the related <b>BUSINESS OBJECTS</b> and related Standard workflows in the <b>SWETYPV</b> transaction.

I hope this should certainly help you out.

Regards,

<b>Raja Sekhar</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Raja,

I don't know why I can't give points this time...

By the way, I'd like to develop an approval workflow for an FI invoice (FIPP) and I don't know why there isn't an APPROVE method, e.g. like for the notification of absence.

Any idea?

Regards,

Angelo