cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow - UWL with custom application parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have a BOR method which is implemented in task activity of an workflow ( Synchronous and not background). In this BOR Method I'm trying to create a  Webdynpro ABAP application hyperlink and embedding few application parameters into the same hyper link

For example : http:/<hostname>:<XXXX>/<WD4A>/pernr =0001&active='X'

I also maintained the task entries in SWFVISU and I can also see the workitem in the UWL.

At present when I click on UWL workitem, it opening a webdynpro abap application without the applicaton parameters.I would like to know is there any way to open the hyperlink getting generated in the BOR method from the UWL. Do I need to customize the UWL XML to achieve this ?

Thanks

Chaithanya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, it is not a good practise to embedd the parameters directly by concatenating it in the URL.

As you said, the best approach would be customizing the XML of the UWL, which would look like this (in the itemtype section for your particular task id):

<Action name="launchWebDynPro" groupAction="yes" handler="SAPWebDynproABAPLauncher" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="yes" referenceBundle="" launchNewWindowFeatures="resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no">

<Properties>

<Property name="newWindowFeatures" value="resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no"/>

<Property name="WebDynproApplication" value="NAME_OF_WD_APPLICATION"/>

<Property name="WebDynproNamespace" value="sap"/>

<Property name="openInNewWindow" value="yes"/>

<Property name="System" value="YOUR_SYSTEM_ALIAS"/>

<Property name="DynamicParameter" value="wi_id=${item.externalId}"/>

</Properties>

</Action>

In this way, starting the action "launchWebDynPro" would run the NAME_OF_WD_APPLICATION webdynpro application and the workitem ID will be sent as an application parameter (which you could import e.g. in the IN-plug of the window, which is the default one when running the application). If you however need more parameters to send (PERNR etc.), you have more opportunities how to achieve:

1. read the workitem container in the target application (workitem id is sent as written),
2. make the parameter accessible in the UWL directly from the BOR object

3. ...

You will find many examples how to achieve this here on SCN.