cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow User Decision and mail to multiple users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I am using a approval workflow, where I need to send approval mail and user decision to multiple users at a time. Is there any option/technique to do this. I am also using deadline monitoring for user decision. I need to assign the deadline monitoring time(may be No. of days) from a container element(variable which i will be getting from custom table) and also the user decision should be sent to multiple user, if it misses the deadline.

Please suggest if there is a way to do it.

Thanks,

Ashok

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramki_maley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashok,

What is your need here? If it is approval by one of several approvers who are to be determined dynamically, you can implement Agent Determination by Rule. If you have an org structure in place and all the approvers are holders of the same position you simply assign the org object. But if it is approvals by more than one approver, then you need implement a loop or dynamic parallel processing to get all the approvals.

For sending mail to multiple receivers, you may need a method that returns a multiline element to workflow with the receivers ids or email addresses depending on where you send the email.

Cheers,

Ramki Maley.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well,

I think this information is also useful...There is a function module to determine the Supervisor of an employee if the Org Hierarchy is maintained...

SWX_GET_MANAGER.

And coming to mail to set of users :

1) Declare a Container element which is MULTILINE Virtual Attribute of WFSYST-INITIATOR.

2) As Ramki sir said, define a METHOD and attach it to a Standard task and create an Activity Step for the populating of set of Reciepents of Approval Mail.

Or you can define an Alternative binding with Function Module which populates the necessary information.

3) Just keep this container element as an expression part in the Reciepents part of the Mail step.

I hope this solves the problem.

Regards,

Raja Sekhar.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got solutions for all problems, except assigning the deadline monitoring time(may be No. of days) from a container element(variable which i will be getting from custom table).

Wheather there is a way to do it??

Thanks,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashok,

Go to 'Latest end' tab of your approval task and press 'Modeled' tab of 'Possible Actions Upon Missed Deadline' section. Input the outcome name.

System will add a separate branch to the approval task where you can freely model your deadline monitoring.

Regards,

Michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki and Raja,

Got a good input from your reply and trying it out.

Could you tell, How to get solution for deadline monitoring in my scenario.

"When the task reaches a deadline it should send a reminder mail(Not workitem forwarding) to the same user and a CC to his supervisor" How to do a deadline monitoring a customized way???

Thanks in advance.

--Ashok