Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow Notifications

kanishakgupta1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to send notifications daily to the supervisors when some changes are done in delivery VL32N.

Should I create a batch job program which will collect all the changes in delivery for a day and send a notification mail to supervisors OR Should I create a Workflow for the same OR any other techniques?

The question may be very simple but I want to take the help of all you Gurus.

I want to know the best possible technique of implementing this solution.

BR

Kanishak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would create a delivery output of type email. You can then use all of the output condition techniques to filter what gets sent when.

Talk to your friendly SD functional person if you are not familiar with output conditions, it's a bit tricky to get your head around but fairly easy once you know how.

Regards,

Mike

ronen_weisz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is a daily report, don't use workflow, run the report and send regular mails, using workflows will cause a lot of unneeded data to be written to the DB (workflow logs,head,object links,deadlines etc.)

If it should be a mail sent directly, you can use workflow events if you want in the way Raj Kumar suggested. but there is no added value to the workflow event in this case, a user exit of BADI will work just the same.

kanishakgupta1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there any standard way also SAP has provided where I need not to implement any report or Workflow?

0 Kudos

Hi ,

you can link BO event in SWE2 to receiver fm SWE_EVENT_MAIL or any custom fm for send mail with additional  details .

in SWE2,  Enter the Business object and the corresponding event name, enter the SAP userid in the "Receiver type" and SWE_EVENT_MAIL as the reciever FM and set 'Type linkage' to active.

you can create cutom fm as per requirement if required and configure .

if you create a report , you need to schedule as job .

Regards

Rajkumar