cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow not working in QAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have implemented an workflow to send notification mail to a particular position in the organizational unit upon some status change.I have assigned a user as a holder to the position.The worklfow is working perfectly alright in development system but is not working in the QAS...all the settings are the same in both the sytems and workflow customizing in SWU3 is also perfectly ok in the QAS system....

I am getting a error "Runtime Object ' 2' not defined"..in the worklfow log...

I would appreciate it if any one could give some direction towards the solution of the problem....

Thanks and Regards,

Narasingha Panigrahi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narsingh,

Check whether the user in QAS have proper authorizations,

and also check the request is transported properly.

Thanks & Regards

Hari Sankar M

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you are messing number range..or again re do the swu3 setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Thank you for your reply...

I checked for the suers in the QAS and the development system and there is no problems with it.And all the required objects are transported correctly.

I am at loss of ideas to solve this issue.....

Anyways thank a lot for your help ...I have awarded points for the answer.

Edited by: Narsingh Panigrahi on Dec 19, 2007 7:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your response....

There is no issue with the number ranges .....

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the message class/number?

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The message class is OL and the message number is 808

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please try to send mail to that particular user from SBWP. Check the settings of SCOT.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narasingh,

check the person responsible exists in quality you can use PFTC transaction for that

also make sure the customized request is transported well

otherwise do onething make an another request for these workflows

and transport it again.

Thanks & Regards

Hari Sankar M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

At what step do you see this message? Right at the top? Also, is this the first customised workflow?

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The message is coming at the send mail Activity step.

The error is coming in the method Sendtaskdescription of the object Selfitem.

I have checked all the bindings from the task to the method container and everything is all right...

And this is the first customized workflow that we are testing in the quality system...

We have also redone the automatic workflow customizing in the QAS system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the receiver type in the SendMail step? Most likely there is something wrong with your OM. Also, in the log check the Address string is filled and let us know the contents.

Regards

Ravi

KjetilKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The message indicates that one of your objects either have the incorrect key or don't exist (at the time the workflow is trying to access it). So check your objects (bindings, container values, everything) and have a closer look at the workflow log. I think you should be able to figure out from the workflow log combined with the workflow definition exactly which object the occurs for.

KjetilKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Debug. Execute the object method stand-alone. Execute the task stand-alone. Investigate the container(s).

Please award maximum points if this answer was useful. Oh, and close the thread too.