cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow Log - No proceedings found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I had developed a simple workflow scenario (SWDD) just to send a mail to inbox which contains only 2 items (in SBWP):

Accept or Reject.

I had created the step for User decison & steps for Approval and Reject only.

Workflow is error free and activated.

When i see the Graphical workflow log, the green line stopped at the decision step to approve or reject.

After this, it has to send a mail to SBWP.

Please tell me if where i am wrong?

Thanks

Dany

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

How did you supply your decision after execution? did the system shown a small popup screen with two buttons??

If yes, check the decision step properly.. the success and failure paths and specifically the container elements..

In the graphical log, goto technical details and see the value of the container.. also, the step that you are using for sending the workitem to the mailbox, check that container assignments for the same..

Thanks and Best Regards,

Vikas Bittera.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vikas bittera

Thanks for the reply. There is no Pop-Up screen as such. There is a mail sent to SBWP but it is <b>blank</b>.

In User Descision step for 'Approve' or 'Reject' the agent selected is USER and the user is my user id.

The green line stops here iself without proceeding to the approve or reject.

Pls suggest.

Srihari Hebbar- i am getting error while assigning points to you. i will try to assign u again.

Thanks

DAny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

There is no pop up screen. Its a simple scenario .I am using a decision step to approve or reject.

The agent is the user (sy-uname) here. After this there is a mail sent to SBWP which is blank here.

The workflow(greenline) is stopping before this descision step. Also i could see the agents icon under agent

column.

Could you please suggest?

Thanks

Dany

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Do you mean work item for the mail here? that you see in your SAP inbox thru transaction SO01??

Because, you will get the decisions options when you will execute the work item.. This means the issue is that your workflow is not sending the workitem to your inbox..

Check the first step of the workflow, i mean to say the step before the desicion step.. is it having proper agent assignment?

Also, did you make the decision step as a foreground step???

Thanks and Best Regards,

Vikas Bittera.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you say that the work item / mail is blank . Do you mean there is no text ??

If this is the case, maintain a title, and assign outcome names and outcome texts to your user decision task.

That should get some text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Something more I found on the net :

The task is to create a user decision step between the start of workflow and the end of workflow. I can succesfully send the email but the problem is with the "USER DECISION" I create. When I'm testing it, it is blank where it should be asking a question for my decision like "yes" or "no" which I maintain in "OUTCOME NAME" but it doesn't do anything. A blank notification is being mailed where nothing can be inputted and I don't understand what I am missing. QUESTION POSED ON: 24 SEP 2006

QUESTION ANSWERED BY: Alon Raskin Well, its hard to say exactly why you are not seeing anything. But if I were to take a guess at the problem I would check to make sure that you have the latest SAP GUI patches applied to your installation of SAP GUI. I recall seeing an issue where a work item would not display because of a SAP GUI problem. Applying the latest patches to your SAP GUI should do the trick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sreehar - Where should i see if decision process is background or Foreground?

Vikas - Also the mail is totally 'blank'. The agent assignment holds my user name only. There is no previous step before the decision stuff.

I am refer to this example for my scenario :

<a href="http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/Workflow/WorkflowTutorialOne/WorkFlowTutorial1.htm">Building a simple workflow application</a>

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Dany

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dan,

You do not have to worry about user decision task being in foreground or background, This is always created in foreground.

When you execute the work flow, do you get a message in you inbox (SBWP) (Workflow folder? ) (If you have used the same text as in the example - then you must get a work item with 'Please make a decision ' as the text ) ?

If yes, then can you see any text on it ?

Yes -- then click on approve or reject and u must get a mail.

No -- Have you maintained text (I think you have done this).

If nothing seems to work, try to update your GUI with the latest patch.

Thanks and Regards,

Srihari

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check if the work item is in your SBWP, It might be under Inbox --> Workflow folder.

If not, Please check if u have maintained agents for your task? If not try putting in &_WF_INITIATOR& as your agent. this should send a work item to the workflow initiators inbox.

If both of these do not solve your problem, please provide more details about the issue.

Regards,

Srihari