cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow Issues..Event Activation Problem and Form Step prob.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 new problems in my Workflow development.

Problem-1

We have Upgraded from 4.6B to 4.7 and my PO Release Workflow is not working in 4.7 after UPGRADE.

Well, when I checked for the Event Linkage in the workflow Template WS20000075, I found the Event Linkage was INACTIVE. So, I activated the Event Linkage and created one CUSTOMIZING REQUEST in 4.7 Development server and we activated the Template also.

Now, we ran the Business Process to test if my Workflow is getting triggered and we found that the workflow is getting triggered as expected. But when we come back to the event linkage, the Event linkage is getting deactivated automatically. So I need to checked if the Workflow customization Txn <i><b>SWU3</b></i>, and I found that that nothing was active. So, I had Activated the following.

->Document Generation /Form Integration

->Schedule Background job for Missing deadlines

->Schedule Background job for work items with errors

->Schedule Background job for Condition Evaluation

->Schedule Background job for Event Queue

->Schedule Background job for clearing report

->Maintain Prefix Numbers(defined 999 series for my stuff)

->Configure RFC Destination

I had done all these and again went back to my template and activated and ran the business process once again. But still the same problem persists. After one BUSINESS CYCLE is run, the Event Linkage is getting deactivated automatically. Can anyone let us know if there anything missing in any place.

I Cant understand why the EVENT LINKAGE is getting UNSET after one execution of Business Cycle.

Problem - 2

Our scenario is something like this...

We had a Form Step which is attached to a 2 page form.

well, the Business Process gets initiated from an Employee, where the employee fills the first page of that form and then send this half-filled form for approval to the supervisor. Then the supervisor will view the PAGE-1 which is filled by the employee and fill the second page of the same form. Till this stage, everything is fine.

Now the problem is...Supervisor is not supposed to change the first page during the approval. Like Supervisor is supposed to view only. He can fill only the second page of the form.

So I hope the requirement is clear. Part of the FORM should be EDITABLE as per the level.

IS this possible?

I hope some solutions.

Regards,

<b><i>Raja Sekhar</i></b>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

To answer part two of your query, may be what you can do is to create two forms. Step1 -> employee form and the other with employee details as well as fields for supervisor. Step2 -> Relevant values transferred from form1 to form2 using binding. Step3 -> Make the fields for employee data as 'Display only' using screen painter

Regards,

Ameekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameekar,

That's a good answer.

But the problem is...When I create a FORM STEP in CHANGE Action, the values are not getting passed back to WORKFLOW till the workflow completion.

Like say I had created the WF FORM STEP with a form with one single Change Form Step with a Workflow Container. The values are not getting passed to the Container element in the workflow. I kept a Mail step displaying the values of the container element. But I am not getting any value in the mail. Dont understand why it behaves so.

So, I implemented the same solution in a different way. I used a entire new sub-workflow which only captures the data using CREATE FORM and pass it back to the main workflow through BINDING between MAIN WORKFLOW and SUB WORKFLOW. In the second step, I defined a new workflow FORM Step in Change mode again disabling some fields. This catered my NECESSITY.

So by the end of my R & D, I realized that I need to use to Sub Workflows for each Form for a similar requirement like myn.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Raja,

Its good that you found an answer to your query but am pretty much sure that you do not need to create a sub-workflow just to capture the values from the Form Step.

Infact the values are automatically filled in the container element.

Now its not much use but did you use the same container element (which should be a structure created using SE11) which you used to create the form ? If you have done so then this element should be filled with values automatically.

Cheers anyways.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameekar,

Well, you are correct. I left the Subworkflow wala solution also. I just used one dummy step after my FORM step and this solved my problem. Like after my FORM step, I just kept a ACTIVITY step which in turn is connected a Dummy Business Object's method which does nothing. This additional step brings the values into the Container.

So this solved all my problems.

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I solved my first problem also.

When I activated my event Linkage using SWETYPV txn., there is an option like

BEHAVIOR ON ERROR FEEDBACK

By default it is SYSTEM DEFAULTS is there.

I changed it to DO NOT CHANGE LINKAGE.

Well, I found an exception by activating my EVENT LINKAGE during the BUSINESS PROCESS.

Now, I event linkage is remaining Active.

My both problems got solved.

Regards,

Raja Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raja

Funny, I just had a very similar (if not the same) problem with WS20000075. Did you check the event trace in transaction SWEL? What happened in my case was that the RELEASESTEPCREATED event was being activated twice and causing an exception. Now, when an event causes an exception, the SAP system automatically disables the event linkage. This is what is causing your implementation to stop after one iteration.

Check SWEL and verify if you have two consecutive (or close) entries for BUS2012: RELEASESTEPCREATED. One should not cause an exception, the other one should. If this is the case, go to transaction SWE3 and delete the entry for BUS2012: RELEASESTEPCREATED (make a note of the entry parameters just in case); this will deactivate the second triggering of the event and cause the event and workflow to work normally.

As for your second problem, I think it should be possible to accomplish. However, I think this depends on what business object method is being called by the workflow task and the form configuration. Are the workflow and form standard or customer-developed, and what method is the task calling?

Regards,

Juan Ramos